Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 5:04:36 PM EDT
what is a really good flash suppresor for a m4 type rifle. and who makes a really good muzzle break. i have been looking at the bushmaster new izzy break. if any one has info let me know. thank you
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A Navy SEAL doesn't know the answer?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
i wish i was a navy seal. but im only in 10th grade
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
IT'S BRAKE!

Sheesh!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the real, honest to goodness vortexs...they do a great job of killing flash (even work well with my 3rd gen NV stuff) AND do NOT seem to incease the noise level.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i wish i was a navy seal. but im only in 10th grade

Welcome. Glad to have you.  Lets hope you don't turn out like a few of the other young members we have around here.  Were going to have to get a young shooters section here soon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]
But seriously, glad your on board.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm so old school I have three prongs on my ARs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't terribly older when I first joined this site back in fall of 98, was 20-21 if I remember correct and lurked for nearly 5-6 months before joining.

I'd been considering an AR15 since I had turned 18 back in 1995, never even held one before I wound up owning my first one in the last months of 1998 while trying to out run the proposed ban that year.   Thankfully Pete Wilson rejected the ban giving me another year to buy more AR15s and an AR10!

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
haha i wont. im all for law enforcment and military. no militia and no gangs here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry im LD and i have ADD
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sorry im LD and i have ADD

You'll need to meet Sgtar15. Ya'll will get along great.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
haha i wont. im all for law enforcment and military. no militia and no gangs here.

Whats wrong with the militia, you love your country don't you? If you do, and would fight to protect it, you are the militia

Don't let media bias get to you!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats wrong with the militia, you love your country don't you? If you do, and would fight to protect it, you are the militia

Don't let media bias get to you!

Yeah it worked well in Waco.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Who won the battle against  the  British???????????????????????????
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:06:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

We do have a militia, it's called the Army National Guard.

If you don't think there are gangs here......let me drop you off in Bridgeport, you might be suprised.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the board.

I recently swithed from a Mini-Y comp to a Closed Bottom Phantom and am really pleased with it`s performance.

Steve
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:33:58 AM EDT
[#18]
alright, your right about the milita. but im not going to go against the country . im not an an anarchist . and about the gang thing i mean im not like yo im ganna get yo with my gat. but now that you pointed out milita that way, then yea im for that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
alright, your right about the milita. but im not going to go against the country . im not an an anarchist . and about the gang thing i mean im not like yo im ganna get yo with my gat. but now that you pointed out milita that way, then yea im for that.

DudeIts OK to like guns!

you don't have to explain, WE UNDERSTAND BRO!

Man please don't get a muzzle brake, most were only designed for ARs because of the AWB (assault weapons ban), it is over now and you can have flash hiders, which are what the AR was always supposed to have!

The 5.56 has no recoil in semi-auto anyway, so there is no purpose for a brake

also, brakes are LOAD AS HELL, and the blast pisses off people shooting beside you

please get a flash suppressor

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#20]
airsoftnavysealcoltm4556,

There was a company years ago that made a combination A2 flash hider and muzzle brake. I think it was Fabian Brothers or something like that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#21]

rockytherotty: We do have a militia, it's called the Army National Guard.

Alaska State Law is quite specific when it describes the militia.
I'll bet most state laws are similar.

AS 26.05.010. Alaska Militia Established.

(a) The militia of the state consists of all able-bodied citizens of the United States and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who reside in the state, who are at least 17 years of age, and who are eligible for military service under the laws of the United States or this state.

(b) The militia is divided into two classes:

(1) the organized militia, consisting of the Alaska National Guard, the Alaska Naval Militia, and the Alaska State Defense Force; and
(2) the unorganized militia, consisting of all qualified persons available for service but not serving in the organized militia.

(c) The adjutant general may, by regulation, prescribe the maximum age for eligibility in the militia.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#22]
is there a way to remove a permanent muzzle brake to put on a new one?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
is there a way to remove a permanent muzzle brake to put on a new one?

Dremel tool.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
We do have a militia, it's called the Army National Guard.

This is not really 100% correct from what history shows and the constitution implies.

With a true Militia, the Militia members are private citizens who own their own weapons. They can be called upon at any time, but must have their own weapons and equipment and vehicles with them at their place of residence, to be truly ready. The Minutemen owned their own muskets, equipment and horses.

The  National Guard is really just another Government reserve force, they do not own the weapons they use, they are paid by the government and they use government vehicles. Mobilization would take much more time than a true militia.

The Swiss system, where selected citizens are required to keep assault rifles (yes, true selective fire assault rilfes) at home for instant mobilization using bicycles is more of a true militia.

Even Al Sadr's Mehdi Army is more of a true Militia. They all own their own weapons, are private citizens that melt back into the population and keep them at home, that's why we are having so much trouble with them coming back to be a nuisance again and again.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack...

As far as the Muzzle brake/Flash hider go with the Vortex, by far the most effective, if also the most expensive.  A muzzle brake is not something I would want on a 5.56mm weapon unless it was an SPR.

Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Some might find this interesting:

Alaska State Defense Force

and this:

The Need for a Modern American Militia
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top