Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 2:14:58 PM EDT
Maybe I was just fooling myself but when the ban expired I thought that there would be a plethira or pre-ban lower receivers available on the market/internet for sale or trade. For some reason that just doesn't seem to be the case. I guess I'll just have to be patient, but I don't want to get caught out in the cold if something else in inacted.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
dude it's plethora and there is just keep checking the EE I have gotten two already

edit I can't spell either
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
dude it's pethora and there is just keep checking the EE I have gotten two already

Actually dude, it's "plethora" not pethora- It was just a typo. Yea, I could of had one too, for $800!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
just keep checking the EE I have gotten two already

Well, there's the problem- lower hogs!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Paranoid people are still hanging on to them thinking that they will still be worth something when the "next ban" comes.  It's all wishful thinking.  If the "next ban" comes, all receivers prior to that date either will be grandfathered or none will be.  The pre-94 status means nothing now, except to those in the Communist states.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Why get rid of a perfectly good receiver?
Especially at a bargain basement price.  There is no incentive there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't give a shit what happens, I'm not parting with any of my pre-ban lowers. (i guess i am greedy)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I don't think they want them for bargain basment prices, just fair ones.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I have them all stashed in PVC tubing buried in my backyard.

Did I just say that outloud?

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think they want them for bargain basment prices, just fair ones.

BINGO!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I would be willing to do an even swap.  
I have a pre ban Colt Sporter Target that I would trade straight up for a Colt Match Target or Match Target Comp with the flash hider of course.    
BTW, this is the first time I've heard of this.  I thought the ban was lifted in all the states.  It sux to be in one of those states.  
GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Especially at a bargain basement price. There is no incentive there.

The incentive is you get to stick it to the left by working thru a loophole that just makes their teeth grind to powder, you get to help us poor slobs stuck "over here", and you get a brand new receiver at no cost at all.  Sounds like a win all around to me: well not for the anti's.

By the way looking for a preban bushy lower my self
pjc
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have them all stashed in PVC tubing buried in my backyard.

How's about diggin' one up for an oppressed citizen of NY?

Did I just say that outloud?

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm just waiting for a local ARFCOMer to lend me a digicam so I can take pics.  I'm willing to let my lower go for a decent price, as long as its helping out a fellow ARFCOMer.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#14]
i found me a mint, complete pre-ban oly on arf.....he
FINALLY, hello collapsible and fh!

its shitty for us stuck behind enemy lines......its like a big tease.we can have ar's ( well not specifically ar's, colts are specifically banned in ct,(go figure cuz they are made in state), but with none of the cool goodies......but not for me anymore!

like i always say, if your gonna do something, do it right!

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Dig 'em up boys !
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm just waiting for a local ARFCOMer to lend me a digicam so I can take pics.  I'm willing to let my lower go for a decent price, as long as its helping out a fellow ARFCOMer.  

Keep me in mind!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top