Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2004 7:16:57 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster LE AR15 20 inch A3. And I want to put a shorter barrel on it (where I live it is legal).

Which length should I take? 10.5 inch or 11.5 inch?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry about the length of the barrel, get one with the features you like. I suggest LMT, and thats a 10.5.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a Bushmaster LE AR15 20 inch A3. And I want to put a shorter barrel on it (where I live it is legal).

You indicate you live in the USA.

So unless you're going the NFA route with an SBR tax stamp 16" is the minium.

Go with the 14.5" M4 with a Phantom Flashsupressor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are going for an ultra CQB carbine go with the 10.5 as you will never notice the difference as far as terminal ballistics at indoor ranges but you will be less likely to hit door frames and furniture.  Plus the additional blast and concussion is like a flash bang to the bad guy lol!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top