Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2004 9:18:39 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

Just got a new lower today (my first).  I'm somewhat of a paranoid perfectionist, and was wondering if this is normal.  I don't know how to describe this other than this particular area seems to have a different curvature on the edge than the rest of the receiver?  

I blurred out the logo so as not to come off as bashing the company.  Hope you all understand.  Afterall, I like the receiver.

http://students.washington.edu/rkruse/lower/receiver.jpg

Am I just being paranoid?  I assume that this has no impact at all on the functionality, and is just a cosmetic thing...

I can try to get a better pic is anyone wants.

- Ryan
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Merely cosmetic. Its notsupposed to be like that though. No one will notice, dont worry.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That shouldn't be a problem.
I tried Instant Messaging you, but it doesn't seem to work. I noticed in your pic is hosted at UW. I thought out of the 30,000+ people there, I was the only one with an evil black rifle! I graduated last spring but it's good to see that I wasn't the only one with the disease.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Since you're new, I just want to make sure you know about  the WA Hometown forum.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That shouldn't be a problem.
I tried Instant Messaging you, but it doesn't seem to work. I noticed in your pic is hosted at UW. I thought out of the 30,000+ people there, I was the only one with an evil black rifle! I graduated last spring but it's good to see that I wasn't the only one with the disease.

I think that I have the whole IM thing disabled.  

I started grad school a year ago.  I know one other person that I hang out with who is also just getting the ARs...  Kinda a weird feeling to walk around and know that everyone would freak out if they knew my hobbies.... hat

Quoted:
Since you're new, I just want to make sure you know about the WA Hometown forum.

Ya, I've posted there a time or two.  Mostly about shooting locations in the area.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]
What "brand" of lower is that?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
definitely just cosmetic but let us know what company let that through QC....I'm somewhat of a perfectionist myself and I would actually have that changed out....but that's just me...

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:19:40 AM EDT
[#8]
ha-ha!  

you got a blem.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top