Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 10:36:43 AM EDT
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/carbon15/az-c15m4pst.asp
Available with a 1:7 barrel and weighs in at 5.9 lbs.

The Bushmaster Carbon 15 Model 4 Carbine is a unique hybrid of traditional AR 15 design and space-age Carbon 15 materials. The Upper and Lower Receivers of the C15M4 Type are molded of Carbon 15 composite which offers a weight savings of 3/4 of a pound compared to the standard forged aluminum receivers. In addition, these molded receivers are completely impervious to moisture, rust or corrosion and offer a 40% increase in strength over aluminum. The Carbon 15 material is the same through-out, so there is no surface finish to wear off or require maintenance.

The final result of this hybridization is a firearm of ultra-light weight, durability, and rugged firepower. All functional controls operate like the AR15 type rifle and the C15M4 Type will accept standard AR15 parts. A dual aperture rear sight offers windage adjustment, and the AR15 type standard front sight is elevation adjustable. A wide variety of scopes, red dot or holographic sights, or night vision equipment may be mounted on the Upper Receiver’s Picatinny rail.

The 14.5" barrel – chambered for the 5.56mm, but will also accept the nearly identical .223 Remington as well. It is chrome lined in both bore and chamber for long wear, and ease of maintenance. For control of muzzle rise, this carbine includes a permanently installed “Izzy” Muzzle Brake. A mil. spec. manganese phosphate outer coating insures protection of the barrel and all critical steel parts of the weapon, against corrosion and rust.

A Fixed Telestock offers light weight, carrying ease and quick handling. The telestock, pistol grip and two piece handguards are all molded of strong black thermoset composite material. The handguards are internally shielded against barrel heat build-up. The Bushmaster Carbon 15 Model 4 is shipped complete with a 10 round magazine, safety and operational manual, and sling.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, got a Carbon 15 T97. I've fired maybe 100 rounds through it so far. Only had problems with the Bushy 10 round mag.  Had to sight in my Bushy and my Colt today; otherwise, I would have run the rest of my Winchester White Box through it. I'll try to get to the range tomorrow.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top