Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2004 10:13:45 AM EDT
this is a dupe of a post that can be found here:

http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=203788&page=1

i am duping this for maximum exposure because i believe everyone should have an AR and i realize some members may be on a budget or know someone who is. just trying to spread the word. Mods do what you gotta do im just trying to evangelize the word of the black rifle.

original text of post:

lemme break it down for you....

Cavalry Arms lower from Quantico Arms $85 (must buy 3 for this price)

Colt M16A1 upper complete from buffer technologies $275

RRA lower parts kit $50

carbine buffer and spring $10 from Sherluck

we got a quantity price on the recievers and the lower parts for buying 3 or more and i have used this to introduce ARs to some friend who could otherwise not afford them. no it's not a new bushmaster, but $420 for a chrome lined Colt upper'd rifle its pretty damned good!!!

even though its 1/12 barrel 90% of my shooting is 55gr ammo and Q3131A and XM193 constitute 80% of my storage. plus you get the 20inch performance in a package that weighs less than my M4

thoughts, comments, flames?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The EE has a ton of $90 lowers and you only have to buy 1.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the M16A1 Upper from Buffer Technologies have the triangle handguards included? I have been toying with the idea of making an old-school A1 style AR, but didn't want to put too much money into it.

Was the "good condition" one you got for $275 as advertised? Or would it be worth the extra 25 or 50 bucks to get the new or excellent conditioned ones?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The EE has a ton of $90 lowers and you only have to buy 1.

You still have to buy the stock. CavArms lowers have the stock and pistol grip built in.

Thanks for the head's up DvlDog, I'll pass it along to some of my friends.

I think that they require a slightly different group of parts, though.  Not sure what...
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]
the Cav lowers use carbine buffers and buffer springs,

the A1 uppers do not include handguards, however they are many around and if youre military or have a friend with an AR addiction you can probably score some free.

buffertech has an A1 furniture set with everything but the buffertube for $40, also a good deal
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Used/surplus handguards can be found at gun shows cheap.  Tapco had carbine handguards for under $10, not sure about rifle length.

--------------------------

Aaaahhhhh!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top