Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 7:32:49 AM EDT
I have a troy flip up on one of my rifles and no matter how I adjust it at 25 yards it always seems to be high to the left.

I also have a laRue of another rifle, but haven't tried it yet.

how about you guys?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a KAC 300M BUIS on my M4 clone, and one on my A4 clone, along with a KAC 600M BUIS on my Mk12 MOD1 clone.

All are zeroed POA=POI at 36yds. I use the 300yd. elevation setting on the 600M BUIS to zero it at this distance. There's been no problems getting this zero on any of them.

My club range has some 16" dia. steels out at 300M and I have no difficulty ringing (actually a 'thunk') them using M193 and M855. It's actually gotten boring. You should investigate what's causing your zeroing problem.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
any one else?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Here on the internet I shoot about .25 MOA with my BUIS out to about 1200 yds.  (At the range I'm lucky to shoot 3MOA at 100 yds !!)  

5sub

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here on the internet I shoot about .25 MOA with my BUIS out to about 1200 yds.
5sub

With the large aperture of course.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I ran a GG&G MAD and flipup front on my Bushmaster flattop for years trying to figure out how I was going to mount the optics.  Worked pretty good and I had no complaints.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Nimute of conrete block. Never really fired for accuracy with my BUIS. Hammers, mostly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you checked to see if your front sight base is rotated clockwise (from the shooter's view)? If it is, there's an easy fix.

I would be zero'ing the irons @ 50 yards, not 25 yards.

My 16" gun with the LaRue BUIS will go minute-of-beercan every time at 75 yards with the large aperture.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Edited to remove double-tap.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm running about 3MOA @ 100yds from the bench with the small aperture and 6MOA @ 100yds with the large aperture on my ARMS #40 assuming I take my time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here on the internet I shoot about .25 MOA with my BUIS out to about 1200 yds.  (At the range I'm lucky to shoot 3MOA at 100 yds !!)  

5sub

Do I detect sarcasm and doubt regarding my post?  Are you accusing me of claiming "internet accuracy"? It sure looks like it! I normally wouldn't respond in this way, but your tone takes on that of a personal insult.

I apologize to you if this was not your intent. But if it was, the gauntlet is down! I'll meet you at my club range and back up my claim. I'll pay for your plane tickets and give you $1000 cash for your time and trouble if I can't deliver as advertised. BTW - bring $1000 cash with you that you can afford to lose when I make you eat your words.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

Do I detect sarcasm and doubt regarding my post?  Are you accusing me of claiming "internet accuracy"? It sure looks like it! I normally wouldn't respond in this way, but your tone takes on that of a personal insult.

I apologize to you if this was not your intent. But if it was, the gauntlet is down! I'll meet you at my club range and back up my claim. I'll pay for your plane tickets and give you $1000 cash for your time and trouble if I can't deliver as advertised. BTW - bring $1000 cash with you that you can afford to lose when I make you eat your words.

And what if I get my friend with the 38 lb "1 hole at 100 yards" benchrest Mauser to go take up that challange with you with a $1200 Leupold as his backup sight.  His favorite scope is some name I cant remember or pronounce, so technically a Leupold would be just a back up sight to this gun.

Anyway... back to AR's....I can shoot 4 MOA iron sights and propped up out to 200.  After that. I cant see anything.  Anyone with good namebrand (ARMS, Troy, Mad, Pri) BUIS will do just as good as standard sights.  Only cheep stuff will move around and shake.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

And what if I get my friend with the 38 lb "1 hole at 100 yards" benchrest Mauser to go take up that challange with you with a $1200 Leupold as his backup sight.  His favorite scope is some name I cant remember or pronounce, so technically a Leupold would be just a back up sight to this gun

Just WTF are you talking about? You either have absolutely no comprehension of what you read or you're trying to be a wiseass. My post was not addressed to you, but if you want some of it - come on!

Meanwhile, why don't you shove your friends Mauser up your butt. It might plug up the hole that whatever brains you might have once had leaked out of, you stupid fuck!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

And what if I get my friend with the 38 lb "1 hole at 100 yards" benchrest Mauser to go take up that challange with you with a $1200 Leupold as his backup sight.  His favorite scope is some name I cant remember or pronounce, so technically a Leupold would be just a back up sight to this gun

Just WTF are you talking about? You either have absolutely no comprehension of what you read or you're trying to be a wiseass. My post was not addressed to you, but if you want some of it - come on!

Meanwhile, why don't you shove your friends Mauser up your butt. It might plug up the hole that whatever brains you might have once had leaked out of, you stupid fuck!

are the kiddies not back in school yet?

alan, i can get around 2 MOA with my irons off a front sand bag rest
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#15]
All I know is that I can hit bowling pins and propane tanks at 100-150 yards pretty consistently.  If that's not good enough to keep me alive if the SHTF, oh well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

No medicine tonight?  Calm yourself, I don't think the original comment was aimed at you in particular.  Just that around hear you here plenty of people who shoot .25 MoA with irons at 300 yards yet for some reason have never decided to wipe the floor with todays high-power shooters.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I shoot about the same as I do with unmagnified optics, if I take my time. BUIS is a Troy, KAC 600M, or LMT, depending on the rifle.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I shoot a 16" barrel with an ARMS 40.  I recently took a police Urban Rifle course.  They had us start at the 25 yard line. small aperture.  Had a sight in target that had a target in the center and a box about 3-4" below it. Shoot at the target and when the front sight post was set correctly, and shooting at the main target, the rounds would group around the lower box.  At 100 yards you'd be center of mass on a standard silhouette target.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Chill Pill time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL. wow I go to work and come back to such a lovely reply .  Peoples sence of humor asside anyone should shoot the same with a BUIS as a regular iron sight as long as your not comparing BUIS to National Match sights or comparing cheaply made or no name BUIS to standard A2 sights.  
The Mauser I mentioned above is the only gun I know capable of doing what 5subslr5 humerously said about his internet accuracy.  And for that it takes an equally rubust and expensive optic.  Sorry to ruffle some peoples feathers
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#21]
ARMS#40 small aperture, M4gery, off bench about 5 MOA. Not too impressive I know. We won't get into what I shoot with the large aperture.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#22]
With ARMS #40 small aparture, shooting prone off magazine support at 150 meters, 5 shot group, I can do 1 MOA on a good day. The average runs well over 2 MOA. This with Swiss GwPtr90 63 grain ammo, very accurate and clean to shoot. The rifle is RRA Entry Tactical, 16" Wilson chrome-lined M4-profile barrel and KAC 2-stage trigger.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Double post
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm in the black on the paper at 100 yds all the time. At 100 yds that a confirmed kill!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#26]
This is an amusing thread.  Some of you need to settle down.

With my arms 40 and a superlight 16" bushy barrel I'm lucky to get 4" at 100 yards, for what that's worth.  I think the biggest problem is that the whole thing is too light to be accurate.  Not that it's not capable of it but if you move in the slightest so does the rifle.  Unlike a 20" hbar.

Rock on!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#27]
3 MoA
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

I smell a troll
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#29]
About 2moa most days. Its an M4 issue BUIS. I have no problem hitting steel at 250M. I zeroed at 50M. If I hold over, I can hit about 80% at 300M.

I am a good shot (never qualified less than expert), however, the BUIS is just what it says- a back up. It does not need 1moa and less groups. I would say all you relly need is 2-3 moa.

or

If you can gong steel out to 200M- good enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I have a troy flip up on one of my rifles and no matter how I adjust it at 25 yards it always seems to be high to the left.

Squeeeeze, Grasshopper, squeeeze.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#31]
ok I went to the range today and practiced with my BUIS for a while and was able to get it zeroed correctly at 50 yards and after that I was able to do about 4moa consistenly
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Using my ARMS #40's large aperature, I can shoot the crap out of a an empty soda can with a rock on top to hold it in place at 50 yards. How's that?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#33]
are the kiddies not back in school yet? +1
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#34]
edit
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#35]
16" M4 type carbine with an ARMS 40.

last time I shot it I put a 10 shot group in about the size of a golf ball at 100 yds.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top