User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 3:40:08 PM EDT
10. Call them on a weekly basis to check up on your order
9. Buy the lower
8. Buy the parts kit, stock, sights, magazine, sling, and case
7. Put together the parts kit, attach the stock, mag, and sling, and put them in the case
6. Reaserch every possible option for your gun and already have in mind what your next gun will be before you're even done with your first one.
5. Wonder if ordering from ADCO wouldn't be faster
4. Convince a buddy to buy an AR
3. Help the buddy build an AR
2. Call them once more just to make sure they haven't forgotten about your order
1. Post dozens of messages on this board.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA builds rifles like old people fuck. They are like turtles on quaaludes. Its quality stuff though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel your pain... I'm waiting for my RRA upper too, except I ordered from RB precision...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Read posts from others who have found that anything ordered directly from RRA is going to take weeks/months, no matter what it is and that a call to one of the RRA distributors on the board would have gotten you the item within a few days.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Read posts from others who have found that anything ordered directly from RRA is going to take weeks/months, no matter what it is and that a call to one of the RRA distributors on the board would have gotten you the item within a few days.

I got my FSB in two days direct from RRA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
9. Buy the lower
7. Put together the parts kit, attach the stock, mag, and sling, and put them in the case
6. Reaserch every possible option for your gun and already have in mind what your next gun will be before you're even done with your first one.
2. Call them once more just to make sure they haven't forgotten about your order

10. Did this already
9. This is why I'm waiting
8. parts kit "check", stock "check", magazine "got those", sights? sling? - Where did I put that catalog?  Oh yeah here it is beside the phone!
7. Haven't got these yet.
6. Check, check, and check
5. Maybe I need to call?
4. Working on it . . . he has less money than I do.
3. He's waiting too . . . for the lottery to pay off.
2. On the TO DO list for tomorrow.
1. Sounds like a great idea!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
That's true for lowers since the there really aren't any options except the standard or two-stage trigger. I'm ordering a CAR A4, 16", stainless, free-float tube with a gas block and I ordered mine pre-ban before the ban expired. I doubt any distributors had that exact configuration on hand so they'd probably have to order direct from RRA as well, meaning that in the end, it wouldn't have mattered. The way I see it also, if I ever have a warrenty claim, they have all the details of my order and the specs of my rifle so taking care of that would probably save me some stress in case something happened.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Seven weeks for an A3 carbine upper with a float tube.  Ugh.  On the bright side, it's a great shooter, wouldn't mind another one.  While I waited, I played with other peoples' AR's and my FAL to satisfy my cravings.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
9. Buy the lower

Finding out the order would take 6 weeks, cancel my order and order up a Bushie (pay a little more) and receive 3 days later
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude, there's only one true answer..

Buy a lower and start on another.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Already in the process of doing so. Armalite has a sweet deal on Cav Arms lowers ($95 for an MKII) but they're backordered for the next month to month and a half. Since my first rifle is going to look "as evil as possible", I figure the next one might look a bit "friendlier". My plans are to get one of the black MKII's, Krylon it blue, and maybe paint the upper silver or go with the two-tone JP Enterprises upper. My first rifle's a tactical gun, so my next rifle's gotta be a target gun. I figure $250 for a complete lower with a two stage trigger will save me enough money for a nice upper and scope.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dude, there's only one true answer..

Buy a lower and start on another.

Doh!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Top 10 Things to do while waiting for your RRA upper to arrive  

Get P.O.'d at guys like me who refused to wait and ordered their upper from M&A, J&T, etc. and will have it in a couple of days!!

Tim
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Have some PIE!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top