Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 3:51:12 PM EDT
I have some finish missing from the round indention where the stock meets the lower, just below the buffer tube.  It is not exposed when the stock is on.  The lock plate covers it. Should I worry about it or just touch it up?  It looks like the finish kind of missed a nail head size secion when it was being applied.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
throw some CLP over it, reinstall the stock and dont worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have some finish missing from the round indention where the stock meets the lower, just below the buffer tube.  It is not exposed when the stock is on.  The lock plate covers it. Should I worry about it or just touch it up?  It looks like the finish kind of missed a nail head size secion when it was being applied.

The reason it's that way is because of the way they hung the receiver on the fixture during anodizing. They had the receiver, with that hole aiming down, and a air pocket was left behind during the anodizing process.  Is seen this many times before.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]
that explains it!  Thanks alot!  Dave
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Why did you buy it with part of it unfinished?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#5]

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Why did you buy it with part of it unfinished?

Because I fould it after I took off the buttsock to change it out.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top