Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2004 3:36:57 PM EDT
I'm trying to install a Tango Down Battlegrip and it's too narrow to fit on my Stag Lower.  Normal?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, a lot of aftermarket grips are real tight.  It should just take a few knocks to get it on...  dont be afraid.  If it's REALLY tight you might have to bevel the edges of the grip (with a file) to help get it started.  Just think how solid it will be once you get it on there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thanks.  Wanted to make sure before I force anything.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same problem with mine.  I measured the gap on the grip with calipers, and it was about 10 mils or so too narrow (but it will flex slightly).

Try pushing it on from the rear instead of from the bottom.  That worked for me.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#5]
BigCracka,

be sure not to pound it all the way on before getting the screw started.  If you do, the screw will be difficult to line up with the hole and you risk stripping threads.  The screw needs to be started and the tightening of the crew should be used to seat the grip all the way down to the receiver.  So tap it an about 3/4 of the way or enough to get the screw started.  rock the grip as needed to align the angle of the screw to the hole.  Then begin tightening.

good luck

Once its on, you wont be dissapointed

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top