Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 9:50:26 AM EDT
I understand that I can now retrofit my post ban Bushy into pre ban configuration. I plan too A.S.A.P.!

What I don't know is, is a pre lower receiver exactly the same as a post lower receiver.

I am thinking I will buy a complete Bushmaster 16" carbine preban upper and just convert my 20" rifle.
After my wallet recovers I will buy another Bushmaster lower.

Is it a direct, no mods, replacement to swap out my standard A2 butt stock for a collapsible model ?

What tools do I need?

Who seems to have the best prices on complete Bushmaster upper and lowers?
The factory is a little high.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]

What I don't know is, is a pre lower receiver exactly the same as a post lower receiver.

Yes.

You need a stock wrench, which you can get from ADCO when you order your adjustable stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank You!
'mule
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
not much harder to swap out the barrel unless you just want a spare upper.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
It may come to that. Right now I don't have the slightest idea how to go about that.
I am looking for a really good do it yourself manual so I can read up on it.

Do you have a book in mind to recommend?

I have considered having just exactly that done. I really hate to buy a bunch of specialty tools that I may or may not use again. I am sure I have the ability. I work on all of my other guns myself. At least the simple stuff.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It may come to that. Right now I don't have the slightest idea how to go about that.
I am looking for a really good do it yourself manual so I can read up on it.

Do you have a book in mind to recommend?

I

Look at the top of the screen.  See the button marked 'Information'?

Click on it - then select the option 'Manuals & Downloads'

Now select "Unit and Direct Support Maintenance Manual'  TM9-1005-319-23&P

Chapter 3 will have all the information you could need.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top