Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 9:02:39 AM EDT
I'm an average size guy looking to replace the A2 stock on my carbine (16'' barrel) with something shorter.  I want a stock that will be quick handling and add to the balance of the rifle.

Any opinions about the Sully or A1 stock?  Is the Sully too short?

Oh yeah, for this rifle I’m not interested in an adjustable stock.

Pictures of the Sully would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I like my Cav Arms A1 stock. It has a great cheeck weld and I don't have to worry about retracting it before I use it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#2]
how can you not be interested in a collapsible?  get a magpul... it allows you to have a fixed stock in any position...

but if you really don't want one...  i used a cav arms c1 a1 buttstock before i made the switched to my magpul.... the a1 works for prone... for the price i wanted the c1... sully stock is over priced...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
how can you not be interested in a collapsible?  get a magpul... it allows you to have a fixed stock in any position...

but if you really don't want one...  i used a cav arms c1 a1 buttstock before i made the switched to my magpul.... the a1 works for prone... for the price i wanted the c1... sully stock is over priced...

I am interested in a collapsible stock...just not for this rifle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any opinions about the Sully or A1 stock?  Is the Sully too short?

I have both.

My carbine has the Sully.  The Sully stock is designed for shooting with the body square to the target - in other words 'tactical type' shooting.  This would be for CQB/IDPA type matches/Carbine classes (like FIRE's Carbine 1 & 2 or Gunsite 223 and 556).

My rifle has an A1 type stock (I use the excellent Cav-Arms C1 stock).  This is a longer stock better suited for 'marksmanship' type shooting (where you are bladed to the target).  This is a better stock for most prone positions or shooting from the bench.

Pick the stock that is closest to the type of shooting you intend on doing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the  pics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top