Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 10:07:22 PM EDT
hey guys,
im currently building a carbine with a 16" bbl and a 6 pos. rra stock.  I want to build the most compact  ar-platformed carbine i can while keeping it legal and price under 1000$.  the receiver is a pre-ban oly (thnx greenmountain : )    ) with teh 6 position stock, and i dont have an upper for it yet, but will probably be a heavy bbl 14.5 with a pinned a2 or a 16" heavy bbl with a screw on a2.  My question deals with sling options.  I want the sling to be able to be used in 4 positions.  I want to be able to use it shouldered, shooting-from-the-hip style , at ease and held across the stomack/waist ( the way most people hold with left hand on hand guards when a pic is taken), and finally held at ease in front of the crotch with the bbl pointed down towards teh left foot ( like guys with hk's).  im not sure if this is possible,  but any suggestions would be appreciated.  im looking for something really versatile
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at CQB Solutions CQB, CST, and SOP slings.
They now seem to be going by the name of Specter. Website here
I'm very happy with my SOP sling.

And if someone hasn't already posted in the time it's taken me to type this, there is a Slings and Other Accessories forum.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You want a CQB SOP Sling. It's the shit! Get the ERB (emergency release buckle) model. Check it out.

www.spectergear.com/sop_sling.htm

HS1
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
thank you gentlemen! any others?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sling 101.

I buy mine from Cav Arms and I think they come from Spec ops.  

It's a good price, good material.  I've had 3-4 of them but every one I've had has been sold to someone who wanted it.  
In MY opinion the Giles / Wilderness sling is made of shitty material that tears your neck and arms apart if you're wearing short sleeves or a shirt with no collar.  

I'm not an operator but I do drag my rifle around in the dirt enough to know what is good for my purpose and what is not.

-luke
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
btw- i'm pretty sure that a 14.5" bbl w/ an A2 FH doesnt come out to the required 16". Watch your ass
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
How about what most guys do,the old use the regular sling with paracord loops around the front sight base and stock and you can carry in the ready posistion that way for just a few bucks.Cheap and strong.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top