Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 12:54:16 AM EDT
I HEARD SOME PEOPLE MENTIONING THINGS ABOUT WOLF.I SHOOT IT IN MY M16AND AK IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH WOLF...ID LIKE TO KNOW/?????THANKS!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
i'll shoot it in my SKS but that's it
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothin wrong with Wolf

Occasionally there is something (unknown) wrong with individual guns from various manufacturers (including the big guys) that causes those individual guns to have problems with it...

If it shoots in your gun, run with it...

I have never seen the laquer (grren) or polymer (grey) melt or cause a jam, some folks report this happening...

Then again, I am a big fan of slow aimed fire, so I never heat up my guns that much...

Anyway, the only way to know is order some Wolf & shoot it...

The worst you will see is a stuck case
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:05:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Never had a problem with it here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:30:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Fired off about 30 rounds every 2 minutes for probably 150 rounds.  I made it a point to load another magazine (all of the rounds had been Wolf by the way) and leave one in the chamber.  I left it there for at least 20 minutes.  I came back, fired the remaining 30 rounds of Wolf, and it never malfuctioned.  I guess I should mention that it was in a Bushy AR-15, and that it was laquer coated instead of polymer.  It is also fairly accurate.  I can get 3" groups at 100 yards, which is plenty good enough for me; at least for shooting varmints.  Overall, I would buy it again, except that I got a good deal on Lake City ammo.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:02:15 AM EDT
[#5]
smells like

wolf=good.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Shot the green and gray, 0 problems.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:53:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I think that it doesnt cost enough for the Gucci club.. The only potenial problem I see is the steel case bouncing off the shell deflector. But they are made from soft steel and i'm not sure that it would be a problem..
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have used it in my ARs but I don't anymore. I still use it in the AK, I have one rifle which was picky and the Wolf would not run in it, however every other rifle I own works just fine with it, I tried it in the rifle one more time not too long ago, seemed to work just fine then all of a sudden FTE, knocked the case out, went back to LC 855 and suddenly FTE, This never happened with the LC before, strange, so back to another mag of wolf, last round in the 30 FTE and was stuck hard in the chamber. I didn't have anything with me that could knock it out so that rifle was Out of action. But keep in mind that is just one rifle. This rifle had a similar problem with PMC, but the cases never got stuck but it seemed to short stroke.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:13:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Wolf thru your M16 huh?

Uh, ok.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
ive never had any problems with it ,i was jus wondering if it was bad for the weapons?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Wolf thru your M16 huh?

Uh, ok.

HS1

Hey why not?  I've shot Wolf in all my M16's w/o any problems.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I shot wolf through my RRA till it FTF'ed after about 300 rds. Of coarse if I would have cleaned it everyonce and a while Im sure nothing would happen. BTW my WOLF ammo has grey casing and a red ring around the primer... is that the new improved wolf or the old kind?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I fired about 400 rounds of the new Wolf thru my PWA/Bushmaster last weekend with no problems. Could be different for other rifles. It works in mine, that's all I know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I use the Wolf 9mm in my SMG and it works just fine too. Never had the coating melt and stick. I think wolf is less likely to kaboom than others because they are consistently underloaded.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top