Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 8:11:20 PM EDT
I have a bushmaster lower serial number L0017XX what does the L represent??
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone thats been into the AR-15 game for more than 8 months will be more help to you than I at this point, so watch for the morning crew.

I basically think the L0 serial #'s were a pre-ban marking and the post bans mostly started with a BF or a B something.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Dunno fer sher, but every XM series rifle Bushy has produced (that I'm aware of) has had an L prefix.

I suspect it's because many arms makers will produce a variety of weapons systems over the years, hence the combination alpha-numeric S/N.

Some other toys Bushy makes or has made:

the M17 bullpup
the famous "Bushmaster Pistol" marketed to the .mil as an aircrew survival weapon
I think they make a chain gun, like 25mm.  I kept hearing references to the "Bushmaster chain gun" During OIF.

But if you look at their research page, all the preban S/N's were L prefix.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dunno fer sher, but every XM series rifle Bushy has produced (that I'm aware of) has had an L prefix.

I suspect it's because many arms makers will produce a variety of weapons systems over the years, hence the combination alpha-numeric S/N.

the M17 bullpup
the famous "Bushmaster Pistol" marketed to the .mil as an aircrew survival weapon
I think they make a chain gun, like 25mm.  I kept hearing references to the "Bushmaster chain gun" During OIF.

Hope this helps.

I think the 25mm gun you're referring to is what the Bradley uses, though I may be mistaken. I think the cannon is just called the Bushmaster and is possibly not made by the company of the same name. That said, I love my Bushmaster AR15!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the M17 bullpup

Hope this helps.

I think the 25mm gun you're referring to is what the Bradley uses, though I may be mistaken. I think the cannon is just called the Bushmaster and is possibly not made by the company of the same name. That said, I love my Bushmaster AR15!

your right, that is the nickname of the cannon. I just read something about it a day or two ago

joe
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
hmm i noticed that "pre-bans" have the l prefix too and all "postban" have the bfi prefix. but when i talked to eagle firearms about ordering some lowers they told me that the stripped lowers have the L prefix and the complete lowers have the BFI prefix

not sure whats what, just telling yall what i was told
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

the M17 bullpup

Hope this helps.

The 25mm cannon on the Bradley is made by General Dynamics or United Defense, IIRC...

It is called the 'Bushmaster' in the same vein as the 'Equalizer', 'Vulcan', and 'Avenger' guns...

It has nothing to do with the AR maker...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top