Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:40:11 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm hoping some of you can help me out.  I've got 3 Colt M4 carbines that came standard with the Colt H2 buffer.  The H2 buffer is heavier than the standard carbine buffer or the H or Heavy buffer.  I have noticed that with my Colt carbines that have the H2 buffer in them cycle more smoothly than carbines with the standard carbine buffer.  

So here is my delima.....I have 2 post ban Bushmasters that I'm in the process of putting carbine stock on and want a heavier buffer.  I was going to purchase a couple Colt H2 or H3 buffers but they are around $100 a piece plus shipping....I don't have over $200 to shell out for 2 buffers...So I'm looking at other options.  I know of one member here on ARFCOM that is using the heavier 9mm carbine buffer, but it is $150.

I generally don't care for the quality (or lack there of) of the DPMS parts.  But DPMS has a "CAR-15 Counterweight Buffer".  The description of the DPMS Counterweight Buffer says that it is an "Extra-heavy buffer designed to reduce felt recoil on semi, and added extra mass to stop bolt bounce on full-auto".  Retail on this is $59, but with my discount I can get it for $25.  Does anyone have any experience with this buffer or know the weight (it's not listed)....

Any other economic suggestions would also be appriciated.  Thanks

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not get a LMT "H" Buffer for about $15 a piece from MSTN?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
maybe the aac "rate reducing" buffer?  retail is 79.00, but the brownell's discount price is less than that......
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
mattld,

I had already considered that, but wanted to get the H2 buffer or something heavier.  The H buffer is just slightly heavier than the standard buffer, the H2 is heavier than the H, and the H3 is heavier than the H2.

mwc,

I had been looking at the Advanced Armament Cyclic Rate Reducer, they are $59 each but don't know if they are a good piece of gear or just a gimic.  If anyone has any first hand info on them feel free to post it.

Thanks for the help guys.....keep it coming

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
mattld,

I had already considered that, but wanted to get the H2 buffer or something heavier.  The H buffer is just slightly heavier than the standard buffer, the H2 is heavier than the H, and the H3 is heavier than the H2.

Semper Fi
Jeff

Well then I guess your options are gonna be few and far between.  

I know the H2 is heavier than the H but you said you did not want to pay for 2 H2s or two H3s.  The 9mm ones might fit the bill but you said price is out on that one too.  Your options are pretty thin......
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
#1 WHO THE HELL IS ASKING $150 for a 9mm buffer?  you can find them MUCH cheaper. www.sawlesales.com/ is only asking $99 for the 9mm X buffer

#2 this seems like a good place to put this....

BUFFER WEIGHTS

Rifle - 5.15oz, made of aluminum

CAR - 2.9oz, made of aluminum

H - 3.77oz

H2 - 4.7oz

H3 – 5.6oz

9mm - 5.47oz, made of steel

Special purpose buffers designed for suppressed SMG's or 9mm carbines using high pressure (+P+) ammunition

9mm A - 6.3oz  CAR style buffer

9mm B - 7.1oz CAR style buffer

9mm X - 7.9oz CAR style buffer
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any relability issues with a 9mm buffer. Like FTE from the extra weight not allowing the bolt to cycle hard enough?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Stainless thanks for posting the weights.  Anyone know where I can get a Colt 9mm buffer for a decent price....

There are about 4 of 5 different companies making heavier buffers in one form or another.....any info is good info

Thanks,

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:34:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was going to purchase a couple Colt H2 or H3 buffers but they are around $100 a piece plus shipping....I don't have over $200 to shell out for 2 buffers...

You can pick up Colt H3 buffers for $35 each at Fulton Armory... They're listed as 'Colt Tungsten Heavy buffer'...

www.fulton-armory.com

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]
USMC03,
check out htis post, as it dealt with that whole subject, and listed all your options.

Click HERE

Hope it helps
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the help guys!!!

Semper Fi
Jeff
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top