Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:55 AM EDT
I will be picking up my new A3 w/ 20" bbl this week. I intend on hunting yotes w/ it.
I have a bunch of handloads my friend gave me-they are loaded w/ 52 grn. BTHP Match bullets,(Hornady I think) I don't know the velocity, but he usually doesn't load real hot. Will they perform OK out of the 1:9 twist? Is the trigger acceptable for hunting use? I don't mind a heavier trigger, I just want it clean. If it is not good, what drop-in trigger do you recommend? I don't want a 2-stage either. I have decided not to use my pre-ban SP1, and just buy another to hunt with.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a stock bushmaster that I hunt ground hogs with and have had no problems with the trigger. I am sure it could be improved but you should probably try it out at the range first as you may not need to change it. Same for the handloads you mention as they may not be accurate in your rifle and some range time will quickly reveal that. If they are accurate I would think that the 52 gr. round would be fine for yotes! The 1 in 9 twist should have no adverse effect on that bullet as most people run the 55 gr. ball ammo through that same twist rate with no problems. Hope this helps!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top