Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 8:06:59 PM EDT
anyone using one of these they have the lowest price I've seen was wondering about durability etc. thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought 3 - haven't received them yet, but I'll post once I get them.

-DE
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience has almost always been.... you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My experience has almost always been.... you get what you pay for.

Especially from that company..............

buyer beware
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I think its about time we get a little smilie that is holding up a sign that says "CRAP" on it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think its about time we get a little smilie that is holding up a sign that says "CRAP" on it.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask and ye shall receive:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/gunfanatic/Guns/crap_hat.png

img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/gunfanatic/Guns/crap_thumbs.png

img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/gunfanatic/Guns/crap-rifle.png

img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/gunfanatic/Guns/crap-tank.png

any chance of getting these added to the list?

ON TOPIC: has anyone tried out the stocks yet?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used their 4 position stocks and the plastic is more brittle than others on the market. The bottom tip on the rear of the stocks tend to break off with rough handling. They are ok for a plinker or casual shooter but will not tolerate combat type activities.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Yey on the Tapco AK stocks.

Ney on the Tapco AR stocks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my 3 stocks in today.  They seem relatively solid, but I haven't mounted them to my lowers and test-fired them yet.  I'll post more, but they seem to be made of a pretty hard plastic.

-DE

FYI, they were $50 each + $13 for UPS shipping. got them in 6 days (including the weekend)
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Follow-up.

I installed them over the weekend and they are pretty solid.  No more rattling compared to any other M4 stock.  The polymer seems heavier and the sling ring is a very thick metal.

The new catalog advertises these as "new USA made" stocks, so I don't know if these are the same as the ones that were complained about previously.

I'm very happy with these!

-DE
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top