Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2004 8:40:34 AM EDT
How f@cking annoying. I went to one of several local shops looking to see what they had in the way of hi-cap pistol mags. I got to the first one and they said that they could sell any for ONE MORE DAY!!! I said "read this" and the guy took the ATF FAQ to his boss, 5 minutes later came back and said"Yep, NOT UNTIL TOMORROW." WTF, are you stupid?!? "12:01 on 09-13-04 means last night at 12:01 not tonight at 12:01" "my boos says no" I took my money and left.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't go back to that place if the boss can't read a plain text open letter from the ATF
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#2]
What did you expect?

FWIW, mags deals are generally NOT found at gun-shops, that's what we have the EE for.......

Although for the most part I think it's stupid to call folks stupid when one's expectations are abit unreasonable.

Give it a week or so, suspect you'll have better luck.

Patience grasshopper.........

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
So what happen at the other stores?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't find what I needed. Looking for G17 17 rnds mags, and UZI 25 or 32 rnds mags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What did you expect?

FWIW, mags deals are generally NOT found at gun-shops, that's what we have the EE for.......

Although for the most part I think it's stupid to call folks stupid when one's expectations are abit unreasonable.

Give it a week or so, suspect you'll have better luck.

Patience grasshopper.........

Mike

they are stupid for not being able to read the legal papers stating that they could sell... I think.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered 3 HK USP9 15 round mags on Calsportingarmory.com - they are squared away, they already had all their "standard capacity"(formerly known as"hi capacity) post ban previously LEO stuff listed as available for the public.

I'm anticipating a rush on this stuff and didn't want to wait.

Forget the Idiot dealers that can't read or don't wan't to know. The BATF ruling is very clear and was up first this AM on their website. There is no excuse other than laziness. Cals still had most of the HK Hi caps (forgive me, standard capacity I mean) still in stock - for now. The prices were reasonable for HK stuff - $34 for 15 round mags. That's about right for HK.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know where I can get some bushmaster or colt mags?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I am watching CNN right now and they are saying the BAN ends tonight at 2400 (this is a quote). So officially, at 0001, Sep 14, 2004, the BAN is over. Twelve hours to go and it's all over.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Just like them to try and squeeze another 24 hours out of something that IS DEAD!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know where I can get some High-capacity LEO bushmaster or colt mags?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Dragnet check the EE
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am watching CNN right now and they are saying the BAN ends tonight at 2400 (this is a quote). So officially, at 0001, Sep 14, 2004, the BAN is over. Twelve hours to go and it's all over.

When did CNN become the official US gun law information center?  The ATF said it ended at 12:01 am this morning. It is dead.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get some High-capacity LEO bushmaster or colt mags?

Bought mine on EE at 10.95 each. Bought many
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#16]
alaman, the ones I saw for 10.95 were for m-16?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Dragnet, Same diff. . .M16/AR15
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
alaman, the ones I saw for 10.95 were for m-16?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is wrong. Visit the BATF website - it states very clearly the ban already expired, they refer to it in the past tense. It expired 10 years ON THE DATE it was enacted, 9/13/1994. CNN has dropped the ball, and continues to drop the ball concerning the ban. I have seen several reports on the ban today on CNN and others, they are idiots who don't bother to research the facts, and are still promoting mass hysteria. It won't work because ain't jack going to happen.

Their loss of credibility, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
We opened up last night for 2 hours to take care of those that couldn't wait.

What's the deal with the misinformed (ignorant) dealers out there?

Feinstein has them all shaky and nervous like little girls. All they have to do is go to the BATF website and see the writing on the wall:

"SAWs and LCAFDs are no longer prohibited. Therefore firearms with the restrictive markings are legal to transfer to civilians in the United States and it will be legal for non-prohibited civilians to possess them. All civilians may possess LCAFDs."
Source of quote

It's there in black and white, clear as day.

We appreciate vendors like ADCO, Armalite, Calssportingarmory.com, and all the others who have worked so hard to let us benefit from our newly reacquired constitutional rights so promptly and not succumbed to the fear, rhetoric and hysteria that infects the media, and apparently certain vendors who shall remain nameless. This integrity will not be forgotten when we choose which vendors to buy from in the future!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#21]
My dealer did the same thing.  The local ATF even sent them a letter saying the ban didn't end until the 14th.  I think the local ATF needs to check their boss'es web sight.  Anyway, since my dealer did not want to go against what the local ATF said, they only put stuff on lay-a-way today.  A royal pain in the ass, but the worst part of it was one guy in the shop who I guess thinks it is impossible for him to be wrong looked at the papers I printed out from the ATF's web sight and said that it was a typo.  Not even the owner, his son, or anyone else thought that but his guy refused to admit he was wrong.  Typical.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

ABC News also reported this morning that the ban was going to end tonight (9/13)
at midnight. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but this is pathetic!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#23]
There has been a lot of confusion about the issue everywhere. Course the liberal left has undoubtedly been deliberately portraying it for tonight in the hopes that they could get back in session today an pass a new one.

Even with all the debate on this site over the issue, I never saw any reference to the ATF website until today. If they had put it (or something similar) up earlier it sure would have helped clarify things. Course, they didn't want to put it up then have something happen (you know, re-authorization) that contradicted it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Feinstien was on CNN's Lou Dobbs show and she actually had the fact correct that it expired last night. She just about lied about everything else, but, she knew it was dead and stated so.......
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ABC News also reported this morning that the ban was going to end tonight (9/13)
at midnight. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but this is pathetic!

FoxNews reported the BAN ended first thing this morning. That works for me.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top