Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 11:41:32 AM EDT
I'm close to buying a stubby fixed stock for my 16" bushmaster . I think they say stock length is 7.25". Not having seen or handled one I'm trying to get some idea of what to expect. Does anyone have the HK MP5 with a fixed stock that you could measure the length of the stock for me. This would I think help. Many thanks.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
That stock length you posted is for the 'stubby' stock - which is the same as the telestock fully collapsed.  The stubby IS shorter (significantly) than an MP-5 fixed stock.

The stubby is intended for use with a 'sub machingun' style hold (buttplate on the chest)  and generally with body armor.

You'll find the Sully Stock to be much more useful (its about 8.5" long) or the Cav Arms C1 stock (A1 stock length) about 9 7/8" long.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks forest .Where would I find out more about the Sully Stock. 8.5" does sound more useful.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks forest .Where would I find out more about the Sully Stock. 8.5" does sound more useful.

Sully (the designer) has a forum in the industry section (Defensive Edge), I bought mine from MidWest  Tactical (who no longer seems to have a section in the Industry Forums).

Info and ordering of the Sully Stock

I should point out Sully stocks also come with an optional spacer.  This spacer extends the length of the stock by 1".  So it would just a bit shorter than an A1 type stock.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a bunch Forest, I'll check it out. Have a happy ban-end eve.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top