Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 10:20:31 AM EDT
How do you guys think they compare to Colt bolts?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#1]
In terms of function,  I don't think there is much difference.
The Colt has better machining , smooth around the lugs & bolt face (no milling marks) and Colt is marked MPC so you know that it has been inspected for quality control.  
The last Colt bolt that I bought has a copper colored extractor spring with black insert  that is supposed to be an improvment.
The bolt is the heart of the AR and takes all the stress from firing,  so it's important to be sure you get a good one.  I use Colt
bolts in my rifles,  because of the markings and machine work,  I know that what I receive is what I paid for.
I don't know what quality control Bushmaster does,  I've not heard of any problems with them
but they look just like all the rest of the unmarked bolts out there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know for certain if Bushie MP or proof tests their bolts?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto Stickman's question, anyone?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
i think bm tests examples from lots, not every bolt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top