Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 5:32:08 PM EDT
I was wondering......did the first M4's (M4A1) come with a A2 upper receiver configuration ? or has it only been available as a flattop model?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the original M4A1 rolled out with the A2 Upper...then was later adapted to the flat top receiver...

Google works wonders.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
According to Christopher R. Bartocci's Black Rifle II, on page 82 and 84 it says,

Only the XM4 ptotoypes and one lot of M4 carbines were produced in the fixed carrying handle configuration.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I see alot of pictures of seals in the mid 90s with hybrid A1 lowers and M4 fixed loop uppers and then the model#727 that was an A1 upper with shell deflector and then theres the lot of 800 rifles Bushmaster made with A2 uppers.I would think there is a lot more floating around unless they are hybrid rifles or A2s with a stock and barrel change.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  I was asking because I was thinking about building another M4gery using a A2 upper.  I wanted to know if it was ever produced that way.  Has anyone on the forum here built or purchased a M4gery with a A2 upper?  Pics are welcome!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Early M4s has a fixed carrying handle, current M4s have a flattop.

The standard for an M4A1 is a flattop
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
my as issued M4A1 (Safe/Semi/Auto select) comes with a flattop upper and A2 style carrying handle. colapsable stock, M4 cut bbl, M4 handguards.

we then can change out stuff as needed for mission requirements.

so far, all I've done with mine is putting on a PEQ-9 for night ops.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I was asking because I was thinking about building another M4gery using a A2 upper.  I wanted to know if it was ever produced that way.  Has anyone on the forum here built or purchased a M4gery with a A2 upper?  Pics are welcome!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top