Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 10:38:38 AM EDT
Which one and why?

It's going on a Bushy lower.  Will re-use my current bolt/carrier/charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It aint going to matter. If its not a colt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#2]
COLT! BLAH!!!!!!
I prefer not to PAY for a name.

To answer your question, you can't go wrong with either one. I would have to say though that if you were to try and sell it you would probably get more money though for the LMT. It is governement contract and all that crap and now for the first time available to the public.

I have yet to get my new upper but CMMG has the upper that I want in the configuration that I want with a full auto bolt/carrier at no extra cost.
M4
14.5 w/ perm. attached phantom/vortex
Chrome lined 1/7 w/ feed ramps
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Lewis Machine & Tool to.  I just wanted to raise a few hairs.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
you certainly tickled my funny bone with that comment.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I would consider the LMt. Is the 16" barrel LMT- 16" with or with out the Flash hider??
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
My SPR clone has an Armalite receiver with factory feed ramps.  I had to extend the ramps onto the standard receiver, but I used a Colt M4 barrel I had to model the angle, length, etc., so they are very close to actual ramps.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a 16" M4 upper from CMMG and I couldn't be happier. I like the fact you can get 1/7 twist with chrome lining, and a 4150 barrel steel. I couldn't be happier. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I got a full-blown LMT M4 upper from MSTN (yes, I paid for the frickin' enhanced BCG and the KAC forend etc) and I'm pretty happy with it so far... But, I would probably not spring for the "enhanced" bolt carrier grp.  Only reason I got it is because I thought it would help out when using a suppressor.  

Bottom line is that this 14.5" LMT with shoot one-inch groups all day with Black Hills blue-box 69gr loads.  But, if I had it to do over again, I'd have gotten a plain-jane M4 upper by LMT or anybody else with a reasonably good reputation.  LMT is good, but really no better or worse than Colt or Bushmaster or Armalite, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd get a CMMG upper for a real simple reason.  Top quality, lower price.  After all, of the three makers who do the M4 uppers with 5.56NATO, chrome lined, 1:7" twist,  CMMG has by far the best price.  I am very happy with mine.

I have read great theings about LMT's and yes even Colt's, but as long as your getting top quality upper made by one of the three, you might as well save some dough so you can afford more ammo! $$$!

Tex78

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Shameless plug for a CMMG upper (with feedramp cuts) I'm currently selling on the EE.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=224004

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Bumped.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top