Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:56:36 PM EDT
I have a J&T Bull Barrel upper that I want to remove the barrel nut to instal a FIRSH. The Oly Arms wrench I have is not big enough to work (it is apparently only for HBARs).

So, does anybody know of a place to get a wrench that has an opening large enough to remove the barrel nut on a bull barrel?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
???
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The best thing is to just use a 1" drum sander chucked up in a drill to open your wrench the little bit that is required.

Also note that the barrel nut on the FIRSH also has a 1" opening so you'll need to ream it out a little as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, didn't have to do anything special for my DPMS bull barrel.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

With -most- bull barrels you don't have to do anything special because they are 1" diameter or maybe just a little less.  The DPMS "Super Bull" barrels, the RRA Varmint barrels (there's a reason that every comment about the RRA varmint barrels includes the word 'heavy') and apparently the J&T bull barrel are 1 1/16".  Every barrel wrench I've seen has a 1" opening and some barrel nuts such as the ones used on the Olympic Arms FIRSH have a 1" hole.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With -most- bull barrels you don't have to do anything special because they are 1" diameter or maybe just a little less.  The DPMS "Super Bull" barrels, the RRA Varmint barrels (there's a reason that every comment about the RRA varmint barrels includes the word 'heavy') and apparently the J&T bull barrel are 1 1/16".  Every barrel wrench I've seen has a 1" opening and some barrel nuts such as the ones used on the Olympic Arms FIRSH have a 1" hole.  

That makes sense.  The DPMS bull barrel on the LoPro is .963 inch.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top