Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 4:05:27 PM EDT
I am in the process of building an upper that I bought on the EE and have a couple questions. I plan to use a Gemtech M4-96D can and an ACOG TA31 scope. At first I
was planning a 16" Colt HBAR bbl. With a can, the 16"
looks a bit long. I was contemplating the SBR rout and may go with a 11.5" bbl.

Is the 11.5 limited to CQB or can I get a decent group at 200M?

Will a TA31 with this bbl be like adding racing slicks to a mini van?

Any pics of a M496D with a 11.5" or 16" and any testimony
to its preformance on either barrel?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a Troy Industries reflex can. the reflex design telescopes backwards over the barrel and directs the gasses rearward. It only adds about 2.5" to the length of a rifle.

The shorty will group decently, but the ballistics suck. It basically turns the 5.56mm into a heavy .22 magnum.
If you get a short barrel, keep mid-heavy HPs in it for defensive use.

With the reflex cans you get the best of both worlds, the compactness of a suppressed shorty and the ballistics of of a 16" gun.

The Troy can will be my next major purchase.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds like the way to go! I did a search on Troy Industries and didn't come up with much of anything other then there sights and slings. Any links or photos of this can on a 16"?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the best I could do:

troyind.com/suppressors.htm
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That sounds like the way to go! I did a search on Troy Industries and didn't come up with much of anything other then there sights and slings. Any links or photos of this can on a 16"?

these aren't on the rifle but they are the best that you will see of the kit.  I believe pricing is in the 1k realm and well worth it from what I have heard.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Perfect- Thank you
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top