Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:51:45 AM EDT
Silly question: Can I use a collapsible stock on a 20” AR? Will the shorter buffer and spring work with the full length gas system?

I know it’s silly, but I just really like the 6 position collapsible stocks and, with a little luck, the AWB will sunset in a few days.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Silly question: Can I use a collapsible stock on a 20” AR? Will the shorter buffer and spring work with the full length gas system?

I know it’s silly, but I just really like the 6 position collapsible stocks and, with a little luck, the AWB will sunset in a few days.

[teh ass] man, it's only been a week since this was asked last [/teh ass]

here you go...
Collapsible stock on a 20" AR
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, it works fine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried it but it the balence was terrible. Went back to an A1 stock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The way I see it ,if you want to do it go for it. It'll shorten up the OAL of the rifle a few inches when it's closed and you can adjust it for your kids to shoot the rifle too.  At a later date maybe you can pick up a carbine length upper(of a disapator in your case, because it used the same length handguards) and be good to go.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you can adjust it for your kids to shoot the rifle too.  

That's exactly why I want it.  I'd like my kids to start with the 20" upper because it's slightly milder than my 16" uppers.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 6 position stock on my 20" Colt and like the portability of the stock and the ballistics of the longer barrel.

Looks kinda funky collasped though.  LOL.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top