Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 4:25:50 AM EDT
      I have had Colt 6700 20" for about two years and I was looking into gettting another ar15 in a 16" configuration. I sort of remember hearing about reliablility problems with the 16" barrel ar's. Something to do with the gas system not being long enough to operate the rifle correctly. Anybody have any useful comments, fixes or experience with this?

I love my 20" but I want the 16" for a quick handling, in the house weapon. I was thinking about a Bushmaster with the carbine length handguards.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
16" config has been on market for many many years. Look, if it were not reliable, it could have been replaced already.

11.5" config has potential problem you mentioned as it goes full auto. 16" is ok.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:03:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Thanks for the info on the 11.5". I tried the search and couldn't find anything on the 16" having this problem. I know why, now!  

You know what that means don't ya!  Woohoo...........off to the toy store!

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:51:01 AM EDT
[#4]
there is no problems w/ 16" barrels...  mine has yet to fluddered...  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top