Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 2:42:38 PM EDT
I have a new 20" upper built to the USMC SAM-R specs as close as possible. I took the upper out this afternoon. I had some major problems with it running. I initially tried to use some white box Winchester 55gr ammo to get on the target before I went to the BH 77gr stuff. I had almost 100% failure to cycle,feed, extract, you name it it didn't work. I then went to some IMI 62gr thinking that the 55gr just wasn't hot enough to cycle the action. It functioned 100%, as did the BH 77gr. The Winchester however ran like a top thru a stock A2 rifle as well as a 16" carbine. Loading one round using all three types of ammo locked the bolt back 100% of the time. I tried the 55gr stuff with several different mags also, all USGI (both 20 and 30 round)without any significant changes. Two times I had to take the upper and lower completely apart to get the bolt back off of a live round!
Any suggestions or thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top