Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:31:31 PM EDT

Quoted:

My complaint about Rock River, and everybody else who gets lowers from that forge in CT, is that they are a few thousanths narrower than most everyone elses uppers, and often (not always) another brand upper will overhang the lower on each side. If the lower a bit wider than the upper, I don't mind; but when it's the other way round---eeech  My wierdness, I guess

I found this in the build it yourself forum.  Is this really a problem? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm planning to pick up 5 this week for future builds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Stag Arms lower receiver on my 6.8 and it mates perfectly to my upper.  There is no overhang of the upper.  Great quality lower receiver.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Stag lower and a RRA upper and all match well...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
My RRA lower doesn't exactly match the upper I have from Model "1" sales, but then I've never seen an upper and lower that match perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a Stag lower and a RRA upper and all match well...

Absolutely-----since Rock River and Stag lowers are exactly the same brand, except for the stampings on the side

As I said in my first post, this is my own personal nuttiness.  The overhang, when I've experienced it, was only a few thousanths, was not in any way functional, and was most apparent when I put a DPMS (I think) upper on both of my Rock River lowers. That upper now resides on a Bushie lower, and the Bushie lower is a bit wider than the upper  That doesn't bother me. The other way did.

Didn't mean to cause anyone any anxiety about this.  The Continental Machine made lowers  (Stag, Rock River, Century, and maybe some others) are fine pieces. I've got three of them; two Rock Rivers and a Century.  I just don't put them under any Colt, DPMS. or Bushie uppers
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top