Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 4:12:09 PM EDT
I did a search and was unable to come up with what I was looking for.  Forgive me if this has been discussed already (just point me in the right direction, please).  I was looking for the specifications on the RockRiver DEA model.  I checked out their website, but could not find anything.  From what I have read so far, it is a 14.5" HBAR barrel.  Is it chrome-lined?  What rear sight is it sporting?  I was also unable to find it on the RRA website.  Any other details would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, chrome lined.

They use the GG&G A2 BUIS.

They are equipped with the Surefire M73 rail system, a Surefire 6v Millenium light with XM tailcap, and an EOTech AA model (not sure if it is a 552 or 512).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought RRA did not offer chrome lined barrels? I read the same thing in a magazine about the DEA rifle sporting a chrome lined barrel but why dont they offer it for anything on their website
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought RRA did not offer chrome lined barrels? I read the same thing in a magazine about the DEA rifle sporting a chrome lined barrel but why dont they offer it for anything on their website

They do offer midlength and M4 barrels with chrome lining.  So far, the HBAR CAR barrel with chrome lining has been for the DEA rifles with very few going to the civilian market.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you talking about the RRA LAR-15?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you talking about the RRA LAR-15?

Aren't all RRA AR clones designated the "LAR-15"?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
First of all thanks for all the replies. Secondly, if I am reading the RRA downloadable/printable catalog correctly, the R-4 barrel (chrome-lined) is available on the following models:  TASC, Entry Tactical, Tactical CAR UTE, Tactical CAR A4 (not to mention the buying of the R-4 barrel as an individual item for a personal build).  I have also heard that there is a few weeks wait for these barrels if you are ordering from the factory.    
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top