Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2004 1:22:04 PM EDT
I'm thinking of building a CA-legal AR-15 with a FAB10 lower receiver. I'm wondering what experiences others have had with loading one.  Is there another CA-legal lower receiver that is better or avoids any problems the FAB10 has? I like it on paper because it appears to be well made (it's forged, looks crisp, and has a black epoxy finish like a Colt).

Any recommendations for completing the lower part of the rifle (trigger, grip etc)?

- Stuck in California Again
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i think the fab10 is the only lower in ca. do you have a source for stripped lowers? how much?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
L&G also make a stripped lower and they are in S. California. Here is a link that describes the L&G part:

www.faxworldcom.com/lgweap/ad_sheets/callower.htm

I'm just a beginner, so I get to ask dumb questions for a few years.

PS I just pulled up that L&G URL and saw that it says "FAB 10" on the side. So, I haven't found another stripped lower yet.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy -

Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering how much trouble it is to open the top section to reload and whether there is excessive wear on the rear pin that must be pulled to open it.  Isn't the lower section aluminum? Seems like pulling the pin would distort the holes after some time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm thinking of building a CA-legal AR-15 with a FAB10 lower receiver. I'm wondering what experiences others have had with loading one.  Is there another CA-legal lower receiver that is better or avoids any problems the FAB10 has? I like it on paper because it appears to be well made (it's forged, looks crisp, and has a black epoxy finish like a Colt).

Any recommendations for completing the lower part of the rifle (trigger, grip etc)?

- Stuck in California Again

Colt, and for that matter, pretty much everyone else such as Bushmaster, Armalite, RR, DPMS do not have epoxy coated finishes.  They are all hardcoat anodized and then dyed and sealed as per milspec.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you the "One Eyed Jack" from the gun shows and SG News ads?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
My gripe with them is that they have really ugly markings and logos on the receiver, I don't know if the new ones still do, but the ones I've seen are done with an extreme poor taste.  It's almost like they're laughing at us for buying their product, plus it's on the wrong side of the receiver.  The US flag also looks out of place, I mean I love the US flag but it just doesn't look right at all on the FAB10.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one when I lived in Kaliforistan.  They work fine.  They sell a quick take-down pin to make it easy if your pin is tight.  Since you live in kali, this is your only choice.  
George
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I have four of them, they assemble easy, and they run great. I'm planning on taking a carbine course with a couple of mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Are you the "One Eyed Jack" from the gun shows and SG News ads?

Nope. I'm left-eyed and the other guy is right-eyed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top