Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:07:08 AM EDT
Would it be believable if my SOPMOD M4A1 clone has a RAS, KAC flash suppressor for the M4QD suppressor, a KAC 300 BUIS, and an Aimpoint with newer slanted style Aimpoint QRP mount? The carbine also has the old style 4 position stock and RAS "T" numbers on the flattop. The barrel is dated 7/02.

Would this be a configuration used by the special forces? Or do the features/accessories of my clone conflict with one another because they came out at different times?

Scott
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
You are being to picky. The first rule of a Special Forces soldier is to use wahtever works. Uniformity is out the window.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
NO!!!!  YOU'LL BE BANNISHED TO KALIFORNIA IF YOU DO THIS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You are being to picky. The first rule of a Special Forces soldier is to use wahtever works. Uniformity is out the window.

I am trying to put togeter an exact clone of every AR-15 type used by the American military.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, I hope you have a whole bunch of money!

Let's see...  current editions...  that I can remember off the top of my head...

M16A2
M16A4
M4
SPR - the A model
SPR - the B model (forgot the actual Mod/Mk designations)
East Coast USMC SAM-R
SR-25 types (the standard and the package deal)

I hope you don't go for all the variations that might possibly be fielded...  Great ambition and I wish you luck - we'll also need pics when you are done!

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact SPR_MK12_MOD0 on adding the simulated wear once you have it built.  He should know how to get you that "satiny patina" look that a well used rifle is supposed to have.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Contact SPR_MK12_MOD0 on adding the simulated wear once you have it built.  He should know how to get you that "satiny patina" look that a well used rifle is supposed to have.

DUDE! THAT TOTALLY SOUNDS AWESOME! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH HE CHARGES?
caps for effect
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dude, I hope you have a whole bunch of money!

Let's see...  current editions...  that I can remember off the top of my head...

M16A2
M16A4
M4
SPR - the A model
SPR - the B model (forgot the actual Mod/Mk designations)
East Coast USMC SAM-R
SR-25 types (the standard and the package deal)

I hope you don't go for all the variations that might possibly be fielded...  Great ambition and I wish you luck - we'll also need pics when you are done!

Spooky

I know everything you are telling me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]
When the SOPMOD was fielded to the groups it came in a big box with enough stuff for 12 guys to outfit their M4s.  Not everyone had both an ACOG and a Reflex ect.

In addition to the SOPMOD there are other items that were not fielded, but that units within SOCOM could purchase from Crane, thus you see Aimpoints on SOPMOD guns when the Aimpoint isnt part of the "Issue" SOPMOD.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#11]
bump
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top