Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2004 3:07:39 PM EDT
are the Les Baer ar-15's ruggedly built or are they more focussed on accuracy than ruggedness?

I saw some of their matching pairs of receivers and am thinking of buying them so I can build me an ar-15 that doesn't rattle so damn much. Plus I just want a flattop ar-15 overall anyhow, so I've decided that les baer might be a best buy. any info?

thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Baer AR's are like Baer pistols...rugged, well built, AND accurate.  You can have both, ya know.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Baer AR's are like Baer pistols...rugged, well built, AND accurate.  You can have both, ya know.

you left out ...expensive

great rifle but how much more accurate?
How much nicer?

$1,500 premium?

you decide
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Duly noted...

EXPENSIVE AS HELL!

The AR's have more of a premium than the pistols.  A Baer 1911 is twice the gun a Wilson is, for the same price.  The Baer AR is twice the rifle a good Bushy V-Match is, at 3 times the price.  if I were rich, i'd do it.  If I weren't, I wouldn't go in debt or pinch pennies for a Baer, I'd just go buy a varminter with good glass on it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to spend that much money on an AR15, you should buy it from MSTN.

-z
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather have a bad-ass SPR than the Baer.  Baers are very nice, but the SPR is just about perfect!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got a thunder ranch- and i just dont see how anyone can say anything negitive about a BAER , this gun is so well built its in a league of its own. Yes they are expensive, but if you can afford one you wont be anything but happy maybe even proud. and as for accurate- its unreal. 16inch flutted barrel 1/2 inch group at 100 yards.   Whats not to like. i have only had it a week and i just cant say enough good about it. finest ar on the block
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just got a thunder ranch- and i just dont see how anyone can say anything negitive about a BAER , this gun is so well built its in a league of its own. Yes they are expensive, but if you can afford one you wont be anything but happy maybe even proud. and as for accurate- its unreal. 16inch flutted barrel 1/2 inch group at 100 yards.   Whats not to like. i have only had it a week and i just cant say enough good about it. finest ar on the block

I wish I had one and in fact after the ban lifts, I may
I bought a Colt 6920 LE M4 which sits at my FFL right now so I will have that checked off my "must have" list.

The next "must have" is a SPR model that I believe Les Baer could make, or does already make. I will want the design to be free of any restrictions that the current AWB may represent.

Congratulations on your new LB ThunderRanch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Way overpriced and no chrome in the bore and chamber.  My Bushies shoot around 1MOA and that is plenty for my.  I'd rather have a Bushmaster or Colt over a Baer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Baers are nice (really like their T-Shirts) my varminter with good glass I have manage several
1/2 MOA group with cheap 45g win varmint ammo.

if you have the bucks go for it, if not buy a bushy and have money left over for ammo
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 on more models after the ban.  these guys are only gonna get better with experience.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top