Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2004 8:41:46 PM EDT
Hello all, long time lurker, seldom poster. I have sunk so much money into my rifles, I dare not tell my new wife how much. She is concerned about me happily spending us into the poorhouse in the quest to build AR's, FAL's and an M-14 type.hinking.gif

At what point do you admit you have a problem? These things are like crack, no wonder the libs want them banned, without us blowing all our money on them, there's more money for them to spend in their social experiments. And now that the ban is going away, I'm drooling over brand new 20 round mags for my service comp. rifle. It never ends.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hello all, long time lurker, seldom poster. I have sunk so much money into my rifles, I dare not tell my new wife how much. She is concerned about me happily spending us into the poorhouse in the quest to build AR's, FAL's and an M-14 type.

At what point do you admit you have a problem? These things are like crack, no wonder the libs want them banned, without us blowing all our money on them, there's more money for them to spend in their social experiments. And now that the ban is going away, I'm drooling over brand new 20 round mags for my service comp. rifle. It never ends.

Hi my name is gotm4 and I am a gunnut.  It's been 1 day since I've bought a gun related item.

DOH! I forgot about the Winchester .223 ammo I bought today at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
saying it's like crack is an under statement, crackheads atleast have some patience when it comes to waiting to get there stuff, when I know something is coming VIA UPS/FEDEX ect. sadly enough I know thier routes and times they pass by my house....so killing time is horrible on those days

joe
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the "Honey they don't depreciate as much as the American Dollar every  year." reasoning.

MT

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:55:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Is that a new gun? She asks. No dear I've had that one forever. But we might be eating beans for awhile.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is that a new gun? She asks. No dear I've had that one forever. But we might be eating beans for awhile.

I will have to use that one
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Try telling your wife that you are going to spend 10-15 thousand dollars on an M16.

Thank goodness I married a girl who likes firearms.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:49:52 AM EDT
[#9]
"you're not going to let a few dollars come between us and our love, are you?"
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Honey, the AWB expires in a couple of weeks, you are going to have to get a second job!

Kevin
"Happily divorced in AZ"
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
If I would have saved all the money I have spent on guns and gun stuff I could have got me and my wife completely out of debt 10 times over
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Just show her aFAL,AR and a 14 and then keep buying the same types and all she will ever think you have is 3.My wife shoots too so my defense budget goes half me half her.My last 2 firearms purchased were hers,a 1911 and a new carbon model#4 from Bushmaster.For christmas we are getting a pair of identical consecutively serial numbered smith&wesson 1911s...shes starting to get curious about the shotgun...but hey theres always birthdays
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
The way I explain it to the wife is like this...and YMMV.....I don't play golf, so  I am not spending money on green fees, drivers, etc.  I am not a big sports fanatic so I am not spending money on big screen TV's, satelite dishes, Sunday bashes with all the cronies over for the big game.  I am not into watersports or fishing so I am not wanting a new boat, trolling motor, high end fishing rod, etc.  When my daughter was born I sacrafised my high dollar double-cab Tacoma TRD in for a much cheaper Corolla S and bought a $700 1980 Chevy 4x4 (which I got a steal on and love by the way).  I work 40+ as a patrol officer and another 10 on top of that doing moonlight security jobs, so I earn my keep, but that is OK because that is what we are supposed to do.  I like to hunt and I like guns.  If I want to hog hunt, bird hunt and deer hunt in the fall and winter she is cool with that.  With a little coersion a new gun or accessories every so often is usually OK as well.  God bless her!

Damn....did that sound like a rant?

Regards,

Manintan        
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did you just buy a new gun? No honey, I traded one for this one.

+1 thats my normal go to. and i "allways" trade even or get cash back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Did you just buy a new gun? No honey, I traded one for this one. hr

Oh man, Ive used that one so many times on my mother when I kept my gun safe at their house. I'd com walking in the door with that new gun grin and try to lie my way out of the situation, of course she knew I was lying and would just roll her eyes at me.

Well on to the bad news, desperate times call for desperate measures;

I have decided, in the best interest of my hobby to levy a tax on all Americans to help fund my weapons procurement. Later on I will post an address where all of you can send one tenth of your yearly wages. Rest assured that I will not waste your money on welfare or aid to other countries. 100% of the taxes I collect will be spent on guns and shooting supplies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]
What's really bad is when you bring home the new errr 'TRADED' rifle you just got and stupidly make the comment...'I think need a new gun cabinet, I dont think this one will fit into the one I have now...'

wife: 'If you traded some of yours for that one... why wouldn't there be room?'

me my friend: 'Doh!' hen
me my friend (speaking to the adjustor) : The whole collection is worth somewhere around 25-29k.

my friends wife : OMG!!! WTF?!?!?!?

me my friend: 'Doh!'
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#18]
O.K. Since we're sharing,Uh, I understand thats part of the 12 step program.Im Fluke and Im a gunnut. in the past year and,or so, Ive aquired....lets see a DPMS A2,DSA SA 58,Arsenal AK 47,Rem 700 5R W/Leupy,Kimber CustomTLE and a NDM 86.Do i need help?Oh my wife is cool with this.She may be sick too!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Teach her to bump fire. She'll love your guns as much as you do then.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#20]
good thing I'm the only one who knows the comb. to my gun safe SHE  bought me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top