Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 4:26:30 PM EDT
I have read that there was some problem with earlier YHM railed handguards.  Can anyone give me the details of this problem?  The post I read about it just said they were out of spec, but didn't specify the problem.  Also, how long ago was this corrected?  Do pretty much all the new ones on the market now have this upgrade?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The top and bottom rails didn't have enough height.  Enough people complained about the Tango down grips not fitting they brought it closer to spec.  Even on the old ones, most accessories fit fine.  If you want a set, go talk to brightflashlights.  They can answer your questions.  They sell on the EE and have a section on the industry forum.  Most all new ones are fixed, IIRC.  Just ask!  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I do plan on buying one soon, I'll check with "brightflashlights".  Do you know if it was the Tango vertical grip or the grip panels didn't fit?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish they would make a version with only top and bottom rails.
But with very low/slim side rails that accept plastic covers.

One of my least favorite things about 4 piece handguards is that they are too wide.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I pick up a set of the 2 piece carbine handguards from UPS tomorrow, alonng with 2 YHM single point sling mount kits, and a YHM rear BUIS. UPS tried to deliver them today, but I was out, durned the luck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a set on my rifle and think they are great. In one of these photos you can see how well the surefire mounts to it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey BrightFlashlights,, what kind of mount is that flashlight on?

One of my least favorite things about 4 piece handguards is that they are too wide

That is what the vertcal foregrip is for!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]

One of my least favorite things about 4 piece handguards is that they are too wide.

Are the railed handguards that are made by surefire any thinner?  Also, does the lack of heat shields with the YHM handguards cause any problems during rapid fire if grip panels are used?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
use these if you want to keep the heat ventilated....
www.bizplaces.com/magpul/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=5311

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#13]
that's a great point about the top rail lining up.
That's why I like the YHM's.
I just feel like 95% of folks don't use a side rail, so it is just a wasted effort, and it makes them thicker, to boot.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top