Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 3:18:46 PM EDT
After getting all the advice from some "hotshots" (all shooting bolt actions), I could hardly wait to get away and ask for some REAL advice.... I'm going to get a Bushy A3(20") target- postban, and I would like to know which type of flash-suppressor really works?  I mean, a suppressor that doesn't amplify rifle-report and effectively suppresses flash.  I'm on the list for involuntary recall and I want to pre-prepare for action again.  Geez, whoda thunk....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
phantom
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Any flash hider that does not displace the flash down will do the job.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I was used to the A2, but I want to know if there has been any new improvements made
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes sir, that's true.  I've been at the range while a "expert" shot his rifle...  I moved away to get from his report (didn't seem to help!), ear protection and all.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wait for another couple of weeks and get a "no-ban" 20" Bushie.  The Target model has a Heavy Barrel that weighs 3.5 lbs in itself...point being, a 20" Hbar is a heavy gun.  Unless you plan to mostly conduct bench type shooting the Gov profile 20" would be a better way for you to go IMHO.  However IIRC, Bushie does not sell the Gov profile barrel in complete rifles to civies but I am willing to bet that will change post Sept 14.  But to answer your question, an A2 FH will come on the "no-ban" Bushies and on a 20" rig it is adequate.  But if you are looking for the best you really have two choices, the Vortex or the Phantom.  The Vortex is the absolute best in flash reduction but the design itself can be viewed as its main con.  It has an open prong design that can get caught in shrubs if you plan to do some bush stalking.  Second, there are storeis of the prings opening up after high round counts.  THe Phantom on the other hand would be most probably be the best choice, specifically the 5C2.  It is only slightly inferior to the Vortex's FH capabilites but it is more rugged and the model named above has a closed bottum, thereby acting as a compensater as well.  Plus the closed bottum also reduces the dust signiture when firing from the prone.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanx for the info.. I should have added that I'm returning through recall; my daughter is over there already active-duty... I told her to find the ncoic of base security and ask if she can "wet-fire" with his troops and she is shooting at least twice a week.  She also said most of the base just waits for someone else to act first, rather than react aggressively when needed.  Quite a girl!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Chewy, best advice so far... thanx to everyone....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top