Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 8:04:52 PM EDT
Hi guys. how do you use the horizon line on an A.R.M.S. flip up sight? at what distance will it start to be useful?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The best I understand is that the line or sight above the o-ring sight is for 300 or 350 meters.I personally have not tried it and the sight picture does look different when you zero in on something but I do like it.I guess the best way is to try it and figure your loads for the range you want.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I thnk it is more than 300, but who can see that far ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I can see 400 M. I also beleive most humans can also. If Im going to a gun fight I will shoot from 3 to 4 hundred M than CQB.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless its TEOTWAWKI, or a SHTF situation, if the bad guy is 400 m away, I’m running the other way.

C.g.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually use that horizon line to shoot close distance (within 25 feet or about 8 yards).  I make a pitchfork sight alignment where the top of the front sight post is in line with the "horizon line".  This off sets the fact that point of impact is about 2.5" below point of aim at close distances.  Not what it was designed for I'm sure, but it works.  It's nice to have POI = POA and not have to guess the 2.5" (espceially in that hostage situation senario where a no shoot is very close to a shoot target).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top