Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 4:55:16 PM EDT
okay, i've been working on my own guns for about b1 yr after bad luck w/ gunsmiths. I'm getting ready for the AWb to expire and need help finding a pre ban forged front sight base that is pre drilled and I also need help permately attaching my flash hider, I have a couple ideas, one is silver solder, 2  pinned and welded. where can I get a colt, bushmaster or other good front sight base for my project? thanks Billy
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:24:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You could give these guys a call Yankee Hill Machine
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
The pin holes on front sight bases are not all the same, even within the same brand.  I've seen a few BM FSBs with different hole locations.  Unless you have access to a drill press, you might be better off selling your postban barrel and buying a preban.

You can have your new bbl drop shipped to KKF or ADCO, send them your flash hider, and have them do the pinning/welding.

Or if you buy a barrel from BM, they will permanently attach the FH for free (if you buy the FH from them).

I've tried doing a FSB swap, and it's not as simple as it appears.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top