Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 9:33:00 PM EDT
Hello, I'm new to the site but already I have been impressed with all the good info I've seen.

I'm in the market for an AR and would like some opinions.

Right now I'm leaning toward a Bushmaster M4 (A3) but I'm not 100%.  I definitely want a short(er) barrel.  What do you guys think about the (non)telescoping stock?  Although I don't like the look as much, I'm also leaning toward the A3 flatop receiver for the ease of add-ons a little later.  I like the "flare launcherable" barrel too (hey, you never know).

I will be buying the gun mostly for target shooting (nothing competitive) and home defense.

I do plan on waiting until after the ban to see what happens.  Hopefully telescoping stocks will telescope, flashes can be hidden and bayonet lugs will be all the rage (hey, you never know).

Another consideration is that I am a LEO.  I'm not sure if my department would be willing to provide me with a letter for a LEO only gun (I will be checking on that).

Anyway, I'd just like some opinions.  It's not likely I'll be buying another AR in the anything-close-to-near future so this one has to "do it all" for me.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
In  three weeks the AWB will be history. If you dont mind a papered gun, you cna make it an SBR, but I reccomend staying with a 14.5/perm vortex or a 16 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#2]
A3 upper is a good choice.  a dept letterhead leo rifle isn't worth it since the ban is almost dead.  go with the option with the least amount of hassle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top