Posted: 8/19/2004 4:20:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They are crap, poor workmanship and prro qulaity.  can't shoot straight and magazine are faulty.  

What else would you expect?  They are made by children and elderly people that wear flip-flops and live in a grass hut?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What else would you expect?  They are made by children and elderly people that wear flip-flops and live in a grass hut?

I dont get it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They are crap, poor workmanship and prro qulaity.  can't shoot straight and magazine are faulty.  

Other than that, they're a great rifle!

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like the same picture from a 15 year old copy of small arms of the world.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Made in the same country that made half of the parts in the PC you are typing the 'grass huts' comment on.

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#10]
well, I can't say my country's gun building craftsmanship can ever be compared to that of United States, but we try our best.  But I wonder how many of you have actually shot or handled one?

By the way, that picture is extremly outdated (made around the 60's or 70's), it is no longer issued. Try this:

This is the current issue CSF XT86, much more refined compared to the obsolete type 65.  It uses a gas piston system similar to the AR18.

And I assure you they are not made by people wearing flip flops in a green hut, Taiwan is not vietnam.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like A1 or FAL sights...

Hmm.. Odd choice, most people preferr tha A2 sights to either...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Taiwan exports a *lot* of outdated weaponry to smaller countries (usually Caribbean) to gain favoritism and political recognition as a separate country from China. I have a pic from Haiti that I confirmed as a 65-type original.

The issued, current rifles are quite good; all my cousins and some of my Taiwanese friends slightly prefer the 65 and newer 86 types to the M16s they have. Their M16s could be like the 65s we pick up though; junk. The biggest thing they always say is that the 65-type is "cleaner", but that they're both reliable.

Then again, in Dam-dzui and Dai-dyung I saw APCs with dismounted troops carrying honest-to-goodness new Colt commandos..
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:10:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is Taiwan, not China or Vietnam.  No one is living in grass huts or wearing flip-flops.  Well, no one except the beach bums.  

Taiwanese troops are actually pretty decently equipped.  Not great, but decent.  The only stupid part of their kit are the camo t-shirts.  Everytime I go to Taiwan I see troops working in their camo t-shirts and BDU pants, very cheesy look. The main problem with the Taiwanese military is that they know they woouldn't stnad a chance if China ever decides to invade.  It's a belief that is very bad for morale.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:48:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
well, I can't say my country's gun building craftsmanship can ever be compared to that of United States, but we try our best.  But I wonder how many of you have actually shot or handled one?

By the way, that picture is extremly outdated (made around the 60's or 70's), it is no longer issued. Try this:
members.cox.net/badtaiwanese69/images/xt86_2.JPG
This is the current issue CSF XT86, much more refined compared to the obsolete type 65.  It uses a gas piston system similar to the AR18.

And I assure you they are not made by people wearing flip flops in a green hut, Taiwan is not vietnam.

looks deadly enough to me.

and BTW: I've been to Taiwan and didn't see any grass huts... to the contrary- cleaner more modern than many US cities.. Now viet nam.....that's a grass hut of a different color
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Tell us how you really feel.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#19]
LMAO!!!! Now that's a funny link (to the Taiwanese grass huts)!!!!

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Some very big "huts"
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Your comment reminds me of the Taiwanese Kidnapping gang, that got into a shootout with police there......of which they estimated that 3000 rounds were fired from all sides.

I happen to be watching the news with a Taiwanese friend of mine, and seeing the facial expressions of the police as 2 guys armed with M16's were shooting at the police.

Sad to say, but the news footage didn't show them in their best light, and even their SWAT teams seem to cower at whole situation, unlike the LAPD SWAT during the North Hollywood shootout.

My friend said that weapons, firearms that is, are very rare.....and is highly unlikely any police will ever come in contact with gun wielding assailants.  Whereas knives, and machetes are the preferred weapons of choice.

I wonder if you can relate gun ownership, and correlate that to a strong military/police?

Nah.....then the middle east should be a superpower!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is Taiwan, not China or Vietnam.  No one is living in grass huts or wearing flip-flops.  Well, no one except the beach bums.  

Taiwanese troops are actually pretty decently equipped.  Not great, but decent.  The only stupid part of their kit are the camo t-shirts.  Everytime I go to Taiwan I see troops working in their camo t-shirts and BDU pants, very cheesy look. The main problem with the Taiwanese military is that they know they woouldn't stnad a chance if China ever decides to invade.  It's a belief that is very bad for morale.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top