Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 9:07:36 PM EDT
I posted last Friday about a pretty crappy day, among other things trying to buy some $79 lowers for less than $130, and then having to pay $8 freight for $4 woth of parts but forgetting the firing pin 'cotter' pin.  Aboard member is mailing me, free, the firing pin pin; and another board member has hooked me up with lowers for a good price, locally.
You guys know who you are, and  THANKS!!

PS:  The 1500 acre fire is now over 7,000 acres and less than a mile from home (upwind)... for some reason I'm not sleeping well, and plan to move my guns to the girfriend's house 12 miles away.  Tommorrow!

1911fan

ETA: Just logged off the 'puter, and the house is lit by the glow from the hillside on fire across the highway, about 1/2 mile due North... started by some stupid kids on dirt bikes!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Move the stuff now......
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
cool
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like you need a bulldozer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The Forest Service ran two D-8's side by side to make a firebreak- the fire didn't even slow down.

1911fan
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool- the firing pin retainer pin arrived today, my bolt cam should be here tomorrow, get to shoot my third upper Saturday!  My lowers will be here next week in time for a 'build orgy' next weekend.  I have three days off and plan to shoot on all of them.  
Oh yeah-- the fire has moved past/away from me, so I didn't have to move all the guns.  Better yet, my girfriend likes shooting ARs too.PS:  Fire is over 11,000 acres now, and this evening the wind kicked up again and it started smoking a lot.  The pyrocumulus clouds routinely reach over 20,000 feet now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top