Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 10:52:55 AM EDT
My question is about drilling addition holes for additional locking positions. Is the bottom rib of the buffer tube tube solid.  If so, is there any problem (besides drilling clean through) with making the addition locking points myself? It would seem like a quick and easy home job, although I haven't read anything about it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
... ... ... ... ... ... Beuler?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a 2 position stock tube? If you do I will trade you even a 6 position RRA tube if you are looking for one... That would remove the burden of having to do this then.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What I have is 4 postition -   000         0 >receiver
What I need is                         000    000>receiver

So, I'm thinking, just drill two more holes and I'm good.

Sorry no 2 pos. tube, otherwise I would trade you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont think it would hurt to drill it but I am no expert. Just keep it straight and dont go to deep... You can get a 6 position (tube only)from RRA for 8 bucks but if it a colt butstock it will not fit the tube...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top