Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2004 6:45:01 PM EDT
Do you believe this bottle is really from 1937 ?

I purchased this antique bottle from this web site -

pages.copperfieldsantiques.com/526/PictPage/1921931233.html]pages.copperfieldsantiques.com/526/PictPage/1921931233.html

It was delivered today.  Boy, was I surprised as hell to find that it was 3/4 full of antique Hoppe's 9 solvent !!!!!!  I was expecting just an empty old bottle.  I opened it to smell it, and it is definintly the orginal formula with real NitroBenenze.

Please note the Copy Right date on the label showing to be 1937.  I do think this is an old bottle, but could it really be from 1937 ?

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Any old-timers men of wisdows from many years back have any clue as to what the old Hoppes bottle said for the copyright year ?  Anyone have an old bottle that they can check for the copyright year ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i think Wal-Mart had those "commerative" bottles recently.

a bottle from '37 would probably have a cork seal inside the cap, i'll bet that one has plastic.

how about a pic of the bottom of the bottle, if there's a recycling code or date, that'd be a giveaway.

it's in REALY nice shape for a 67 year old bottle, probably too nice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
How does it taste?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a bottle that looks just like that, bought it about 2 years ago new at the sporting goods store.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top