Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2004 4:40:20 AM EDT
    I have a Colt SP1 and it has a screw for the pivot pin.  How do I tell if it has a small or large hole?  If it is a large hole can I put a small hole upper on it  and how and if it  small can I put a large hole upper?  Where do I get the parts?
    Also does it detract from looks that much when you have a Colt Green/Grey lower and a black upper?
Thanks in advance,
Dan
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The screw type pivot is the large hole front take-down pin receiver.

Bushmaster sells an adapter to allow you to use Small hole uppers on the lower.

Depending on what your plans are for the rifle, Your best bet for a color match is to just use the SP-1 upper and lower, and change out the other parts.

P.S. You could just sell the SP-1 as is ($800-$1000) and use the funds to buy a new rifle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top