Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 3:59:02 PM EDT
I picked up the leather brown...not really close but its at least brown  Any idea on which one for coyote brown that matches magpul's?  My local wally world didn't have a whole lot to choose from.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
i used to sell krylon, and it seems to me that they've got a tan color.  i know that they had one maybe two in their "camo system".  give depot, or lowe's a try.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Khaki is the color of Krylon I use to paint my mags to match my Coyote Brown furniture.
The number is 8141.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there anything that would adhere to a Hogue grip and last?   I want one in Coyote Brown, but there isn't such a thing as far as I know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
the only thing i can think of MIGHT be krylon fusion, (or rustoleum's answer "paint for plastic") i know it's rubber, but regular rustoleum or even krylon eats away at the surface of some softer materials.  the fusion and "paint for plastic" are used for painting like plastic patio furniture, so it would put up with SOME abuse like big assed women.  i wouldn't really try it though.  i bet that's just too much abuse with the hand griping it and rubbing.    
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is there anything that would adhere to a Hogue grip and last?   I want one in Coyote Brown, but there isn't such a thing as far as I know.

Get a green one, when it's in your hand no one will notice. It's not a beuty contest, it's about performance.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Stay away from Khaki and Sand Dune!!!

First of all, they about 1% different.  Krylon screwed me on that one.  Both are too frickin light!

I need to go pick up the two cans of med. brown I ordered, #8147.  I know it is defenitely lighter than the brown in the woodland camo kit, but darker than khaki and sand dune.

One good paint I found was Rustoleum Nutmeg in satin finish.  I hit that with some Kylon matte finish, and it was great!!

Then I finally just broke down and ordered some of the XT panels from Magpul for my RAS II.  Case closed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The Krylon Fusion paints do adhere ok to plastics, but they won't hold up to regular handling.  I painted the drive faces on my computer black to match the case, and the cd-eject button is about half worn off from use.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah, that's just too much wear-i'm sure the grip would wear off pretty quick.  just your friendly neighborhood menards man watching out for ya!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get a green one, when it's in your hand no one will notice. It's not a beuty contest, it's about performance.

Like 99.999% of the people here, I'm not in the military, I'm not even a mall ninja.  I want a Hogue grip because it does make me a tiny bit more effective at punching holes in paper and small critters, but I want brown furniture because I'm bored with the look of all of my other black rifles.  So, yeah, it is a beauty contest
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top