Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 4:37:14 PM EDT
a freind of mine just purchased his first AR,and told me he had a colt tactical carbine A-2.when he sent me pics i saw that he had a fixed carry handle on a 20 inch barrel.we are trying to figure out exactly what he has.stamped on the side of the lower is colt tactical carbine .223 remington and a serial number that starts with 0006xx.i told him that a 20 inch bbl is not a carbine and a fixed carry handle is not an a2.his freind,from whom he bought the rifle said it was purchased as is brand new.is this an upper that has been added to the lower?need some help from the veterans.what does he have?and does this lower have added value due to the serial number?thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
surely someone on here knows.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
check out Bighammer.com. It sounds like U have a mixed match gun to me but I am no expert.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry on the bighammer site. I hope some one can chim in and help U soon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
it is biggerhammer.net
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
in my original post i wrote a-2  i meant he said he had an a-3 but the upper has a fixed handle.sorry for the confusion.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top