Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 3:51:49 AM EDT
I just received my second order of Magpul Ranger plates (from a different dealer also) and I noticed a difference.  The first batch I bought a month ago came packed loose (in a ziplock bag) with no paperwork.  The second batch I received came in a sealed bag with a Magpul label/placard inside.  Hmmm, I says.

I took one of the older ones off a magazine and compared the two.  The metal plates on the older one are shorter front to back and appear to be carbon steel (re: slight rust).  The new ones I got 2 days ago are longer and appear to be stainless steel.

Did I get a pre-production batch the first time?  Anyone else noticed this?  

Industry folks - any comments?

M590 Man
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:01:45 AM EDT
[#1]
M590man, you should give Richard @ MagPul a call. He doesn't frequent the forums that often (he's a very busy man...seriously.) You can get his phone # off his website, MagPul.com. He'll be able to tell you what's what.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi Matt_B,

I called Richard at Magpul.  The first ones I got were the first batch they made and were sold at the Shot Show in bulk (hence the different) packaging.  The second ones are newer with a revised metal plate (slightly larger to assure full seating of the pul).

Thanks for the advice!

M590man
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top