Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 10:16:04 AM EDT
Does anyone know how to contact the purchasing department for the armed forces or know anyone on the inside I could talk to about selling them a product??  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Department of Defense... and I have no idea. Generally they either have contract bidding for companies to make them something specific (generally when they want to hold the rights to the item) or they contract/purchase an item that had previously been purchased at the unit level, and then issue them out (I believe for better accountability and cheaper prices... for example optics).

A lot of units in the military do a local/mail order procurement of anything not actually "made" by the military. So your best bet would probably be to make the thing (prototype I guess) and find someone who is willing to mass produce it for you and market it.

Mind if I ask what the item is and if you have any pictures of it?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure you've seen it here in the forum. Its the AR maint/display stand that I have had posted for a week or so. I had a couple of people that have said they use something similar on their ranges for holding the rifles during non shooting time. The only problem was that they rust. My plastic stand would literally last forever. Thought it would be worth a shot if I could get a pic to someone on the inside instead of an unsolicited request to a generic location.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#3]
you want to talk to a representive of the USPFO

U.S Property anf Fiscal Office.

if its something a unit can use in its mission related duties they could do a local purchase. however there is a regulation that covers how we are supposed to aquire goods that are not available throught the supply chains or with National Stock Numbers.

without giving away your secret could you fill us in a little more?

or if so could you E-mail me?

[email protected]

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally I would have my doubts as to its practical use in the military. Storage issues are covered by large racks. Cleaning is usually down and dirty on whatever suface is available.

I could see a use for it on ranges as right now they simply use  piece of wood with a notch cut into it. That seems to work well enough...

.civ ranges... I wouldn't mind one for that purpose. I think your odds are better at getting it into the .civ market and then hoping at best for gradual purchases by individual units until the word gets out.

That's just my opinion... not trying to knock your idea or anything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm sure you've seen it here in the forum. Its the AR maint/display stand that I have had posted for a week or so. I had a couple of people that have said they use something similar on their ranges for holding the rifles during non shooting time. The only problem was that they rust. My plastic stand would literally last forever. Thought it would be worth a shot if I could get a pic to someone on the inside instead of an unsolicited request to a generic location.

Thanks,

sell the idea to Range control or local shooting ranges.

while rust resistant how about UV exposure?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The material is UV stable. I am trying to get the spec sheet now. Well thanks for the input from all. I agree starting with .civ first. I am doing that now with great success.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I've dealt with the Government on a number of products.  

Here's some free advice:

1)  Don't give up.  The Feds spend a trillion dollars, someone will buy it
2)  Don't give up.  The person telling you that you can't sell it is jealous, stupid or lazy
3)  Don't give up.  It will be hard work but in the end, if you are successful it's sweet

Rgds,

G23c
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the words of wisdom!!

Quoted:
I've dealt with the Government on a number of products.  

Here's some free advice:

1)  Don't give up.  The Feds spend a trillion dollars, someone will buy it
2)  Don't give up.  The person telling you that you can't sell it is jealous, stupid or lazy
3)  Don't give up.  It will be hard work but in the end, if you are successful it's sweet

Rgds,

G23c

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top