Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 9:48:13 AM EDT
Anybody here got one,which model? How do you like it? Where could I look to read some more info on them. Is there a forum like this one for them?  Any thing else you can tell me would be great.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't say that I own one, but one of my coworkers does, it's an Armalite AR50. Having fired it, I gotta say that for a .50 BMG it's kick is really wimpy. Accuracy is good once the sites/scope are sighted in. It's heavy, very heavy. Ammnition is ~$4 per round (this may vary depending where you live).
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the AR-50.  Love it.  With match loaded ammo it will hold sub 2" 5-shot groups at 500 yards.  Recoil is about like a lightweight 25-06/270.  Also for a bit more info, check out FCSA and Armalite.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
check out the www.biggerhammer.net forums and you'll get all the answers you want...

Spooky
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an AR-50.  Using a nightforce scope and talon ball (cheap $1-1.5/round) it shoots 0.5 moa out to 700 yards.  Recoil is very light.  It is heavy.  The trigger is heavier than I prefer for a this type of shooting (4-4.5#), but due to the design, you cant get much lighter safely.  At least I cant - some claim too, but having the firing pin follow forward when I closed the bolt was enough to scare the shit out of me and I went back to the stock trigger.  Other than that I have ZERO complaints and Im very impressed with the rifle - I made me enjoy shooting long range again.

There is a 50 cal forum in the Armory.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top