User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2004 5:46:04 PM EDT
I have already posted this but anyway:

Something interesting I read on HKpro:

Some Fun Facts about Colt:

Colt is currently owned by, through a couple of holding companies, an Iraqi citizen by the name of Donald Zilkha. Who made his fortune on Iraqi oil and US banking. He purchased the company in 1994. Operating under the company name of Colt Holdings they have bought SACO Defense, manufacturer of M-60's and Weatherby rifles, and Ultra-Light Arms (ULA), a small manufacturer of custom rifles in West Virginia which produced custom-grade hunting rifles. Colt Holdings also owns A.I.S., a manufacturer of an interactive computerized "scenario" shooting system.

In the last 10 years, Donald Zilkha also tried to buy Remington, Fabrique National (which also owns Browning and Winchester), Vektor Arms, Smith & Wesson, and even our beloved Heckler & Koch. His personal goal was to control 85% of the world's arms market. Good thing he hasn't succeeded too, Mr. Zilkha is a financial supporter and personal friend of anti-gunners Chuck Schumer and Frank Lautenberg.

Think about it? the antis can't stop the sale of Assualt weapons therefore they just put the people that make them out of buisness. Yea I know it sounds crazy but who knows what the anti gun F**ks will try to pull.
FREE

Link Posted: 4/25/2004 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if this Zilkha guy is connected to terrorists??
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh, I've been wondering when this particular Internet rumor was going to surface.

Fear not FreeFall, Colt put the Schumer rumors to rest six years ago. The "charges" began initially by the Coalition of New Jersey Sportsmen. Even after being put to rest it still pops up now and again when someone gets a hair across their ass for Colt.

Read this, first of all:

LINK

NEW JERSEY GUN GROUP DRAWS FIRE FROM COLT OVER ACCUSATIONS

Every now and then we circle the wagons and start shooting inside. The G-T Report is closely watching a dispute between the Coalition of New Jersey Sportsmen (CNJS) and Colt’s Manufacturing Company, Inc, of Hartford, Connecticut, over some statements the coalition made that were critical of Colt.

The Coalition distributed a "Public Service Message" at the NRA Show in Philadelphia last month, along with a message posted all over the Internet, according to Colt.

The message accused Colt of supporting a mandate of the Smart Gun (it recognizes the proper owner and locks out all others) and of trigger locks, and then calls for a boycott of Colt products.

But the real heat centers around CNJS’s charge that Colt has been "Caught Red Handed Donating to Charles Schumer’s Campaign Fund." Schumer (D-NY) is an arch-enemy of gun owners, a congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives now running for the nomination as Democratic candidate trying to unseat Sen. Alfonse D’Amato (R-NY). He is running third in a field of three Democratic hopefuls.

Colt vigorously denies all charges and has demanded that CNJS retract their accusations and end their boycott or face legal action. Colt is prepared to bring a bevy of allegations against CNJS, including libel and slander, trade disparagement, and tortious interference with contractual relations.

Colt recently issued a press release rebutting CNJS’s charges one by one. Colt cited a Philadelphia Inquirer report quoting Ronald L. Stewart, Colt’s President and CEO as writing, "While technology such as this should not be mandated, it should be an option for the consumer."

The press release also noted that Colt had opposed legislation mandating a Smart Gun at a New Jersey hearing, and lobbied to defeat the bills. Similarly, Colt noted that it was on record as opposing trigger locks because they present a false sense of security to the consumer.

But Colt’s reply to the charges of contributing to an anti-gun candidate were not so on-target.

Colt’s news release stated, "Colt does not have a Political Action Committee. Colt does not contribute to any political campaign or political candidates. Mr. [Donald E.] Zilkha is not an employee of this company but is a non-employee Chairman of the Board. He is one of many owners and has other companies, including some in New York. He has contributed to a number of Republicans including Speaker Newt Gingrich, Bob Dole and George Bush."

Even though this statement makes it clear that Colt as a corporation did not contribute to anti-gun Rep. Charles Schumer’s election campaign, it has the ring of a "non-denial denial." It doesn’t say that Mr. Zilkha didn’t contribute to Schumer’s campaign (he did).

The average reader looking at this denial could come away with two pointed observations:

First, so what if Mr. Zilkha isn’t an employee? He’s Colt’s Chairman of the Board and as such is a corporate officer. Mr. Zilkha is also an owner of the holding company that owns Colt. Being an owner and corporate officer is a close tie, as far as most people are concerned.

Second, Mr. Zilkha has the right to contribute to any candidate he wishes, but isn’t it a little odd that an owner and corporate officer of a gun manufacturer would give money to a ferociously anti-gun candidate? This gives rise to the troublesome question of a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict, something the gun rights movement certainly doesn’t need.

Colt is a respected gun manufacturer and has been since 1836. It’s hard to imagine American history without Colt guns in it.

Likewise, the Coalition of New Jersey Sportsmen is a respected gun-related organization. Perhaps they over-reacted to what they perceived as problems with Colt. We hope the two will settle their differences amicably.

But one of the questions CNJS raised hasn’t been answered: Why is an important gun manufacturing figure contributing to an anti-gun candidate

Etc etc etc...

Edited for additional info.

Link Posted: 4/25/2004 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
hrm....
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
THAT IS SCARY!
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
C Jan thanks for the info & link!
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
An Iraqi Citizen is a partial owner of Colt?

LOL! Gee....the pony is an Arabian!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Gentlemen;  As an ethnic Jew and a supporter of the State of Israel I claim no love for my Arab brothers.  However I put this to you?

Perhaps we should sent Mr.Zilkha back to Iraq!   Not because he is not wanted here but because a man who has learned capitalism so well and maybe even has the political savy to play both sides of the isle surly is in line to be the next president of Iraq?  

Ya think?

I think that not all Iraqis are bad, Other wise our boys have died in vein trying to give them a chance at democracy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a little tip guys. READ THE THREAD, NOT JUST THE FIRST POST!
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I did.
It debunked "Colt" supporting of anti-gunners, not that Donald Zilkha didn't or that he wasn't an owner of Colt and an Iraqi Citizen.
Re-Read the last half of that article.

"Even though this statement makes it clear that Colt as a corporation did not contribute to anti-gun Rep. Charles Schumer’s election campaign, it has the ring of a "non-denial denial." It doesn’t say that Mr. Zilkha didn’t contribute to Schumer’s campaign (he did)."

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Whoa...
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did.
It debunked "Colt" supporting of anti-gunners, not that Donald Zilkha didn't or that he wasn't an owner of Colt and an Iraqi Citizen.

"Even though this statement makes it clear that Colt as a corporation did not contribute to anti-gun Rep. Charles Schumer’s election campaign, it has the ring of a "non-denial denial." It doesn’t say that Mr. Zilkha didn’t contribute to Schumer’s campaign (he did)."

~ s0ulzer0

Ya know what sucks? Is when you try to make a point and just end up making an ass of yourself but it is one of the things I am good at so...lol...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did.

~ s0ulzer0

Ya know what sucks? Is when you try to make a point and just end up making an ass of yourself but it is one of the things I am good at so...lol...

Pwned!

if it isn't an armalite, it's just a copy

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Ahh yes. Chucky Schumer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I wonder if this Zilkha guy is connected to terrorists??

Well, he donated to their campaigns......
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top